Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your Dream Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by super_311, May 8, 2003.

1. super_311

super_311

Mar 11, 2002
    U.S.A, Utah
    I have been looking into the Ibanez EDC seris and I have fallen in love with the design and its an added bonus that it is a 5 stringer. Though the body is not made of anything natural it still pumps out great sound. What is your guys dream bass.

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have many dream basses, but to make the list short:

Music Man Stingray 5 Transblue/maple

3. I think I'd need two, and a dream amp.

I have my Gibson Grabber, which I guess counts as a dream bass, becuase its my favourite color! Just finish the headstock black, and put a new 'Gibson' sticker on there, and she's a beauty!!!

My other bass, I don't know. Would probably be a jazz of some kind! A Jaco sig or MM!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Benavente 51

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

beyond a fretless version (tobacco burst mahogany body w/ wenge/ebony neck) I'm dreamin' of a nice 5 string URB

5. Speddling, that tele-style 5-stringer of yours looks extremely sweet. Very nice looking. :)

My dream bass would be a fretted 5-string, maple neck and rosewood board, ash or alder or maple body, maybe a quilted top, and J-style or humbucking passive pickups, with only a volume knob. :cool:

6. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    I already built it.......:)

[​IMG]

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    You do carve up a pretty bass! I dig the body style.

8. I think I'm gonna build mine, too! :)

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ahh,, right now I would LOVE a brace of Nordstrands.

SC5 fretted, 24 fret, ash body, boxelder burl top, 3 piece walnut neck, cocobolo fingerboard, bartolini humbuckers with cocobolo covers and fingerboard ramp, aguilar pre.

SC6 fretless, 28 fretlines, alder body, redwood burl top, 3 piece maple neck, ebony fingerboard, nordstrand humbuckers with ebony covers and fingerboard ramp, passive pre.

Yikes,, Im salivating!

Someday,,,.....

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And FBB 4 strung BEAD with EMG electronics. Or, just as nice would be a Zon Sonus 4/2 strung BEAD with the four Hipshot detuners, in a nice black with matching black hardware.

That'd make my day.

11. I'd love to have two...both j-bodies, both p-necks, one alder/rosewood, the other swamp ash/maple, both p/j setups with sadowsky preamps with the passive tone option.

Saving my pennies....

12. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I don't have one dream bass. I like too many different styles to want just one bass, but heres a list:
    1. G&L 2500
    2. EBStingray
    3. Fender MIA jazz
    4.Fender MIA P
    5. some type of fretless passive jazz bass, maybe a Fender.
    6. FBB custom made bass with 2 EMG dual coil soapbars.

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    here is mine- and I'm blessed. I own it.
    [​IMG]

14. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Wow.

Just... wow......

Beautiful......

Don

15. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    something that plays, sounds and looks like my streamer stage 2, comes in 4, 5, and 6 string versions both fretted and fretless, has EMG pickups and U-retro preamps, side LED's, and costs $10.

16. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I'd like a bass that has all the extended range I'd ever need, probably 7 stringer, with a neck that NEVER buzzes, even if the action is extremely low. 24 frets would work, unless I decide I need any more. It'd probably be wenge and bubinga.

Dunno who'd make it, but something like that, yah.

I'm hoping I won't need to buy another bass for a long time, since I'm quite satisfied with the one I got.

17. Too many to choose from. . .

I'm GASing for a Wechter ABG 4 string, cuz I don't think they have a 5. Don't know when they'll show up though.

I'm building a fretless 4 now. Unfortunately my spare time for building is limited to a few minutes every other month, so progress is slow. Next time I think of it when I borrow a digicam, I'll have to get some shots to post.

Stay Low,

BT