1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your EQ

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by wacktrucks, Sep 4, 2001.

1. wacktrucks

wacktrucks

Sep 4, 2001
    Hey I was wondering what your EQ settings are useally at?

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

I usually boost the high mids a little and dip the low mids about the same. depends on the room though.

on bass, watt

3. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I read somewhere where you said you also replace some transistors in your pickups with different ones er sumpin like that? I'm not out to try to duplicate it, just a point of trivia. BTW, that pic of you on the fron of talkbass - is that an old epiphone you're playing?

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

which bass you talking about? my eb-3 and thunderbirds have bartolini preamps put in them (w/bass-mid-trebble controls) but the pickups are stock (well, the fat one on the eb-3 is a dimarzio but it's passive). my minutemen and fIREHOSE tele bass had emg pickups.

that bass is a gibson les paul signature bass from the early-mid 70s. it's what the new epiphones (jack cassidy model) is based on. I got it in smyrna, ga in the early 90s for $300.

on bass, watt

5. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Gotcha - I can't remember which bass it was, probably one of your Fenders, and you were talking about some custom work you did to it electronically. Its all foggy in me noggin, I could have it all wrong.