Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your favorite band's worst song

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Mine?

"Bob's Party Time Lounge" by Primus. I love Primus, but that song drives me nuts. The Brown album had to grow on me due to production, but Bob's Party Time Lounge... sucks. I don't know what it is about it. It's just boring and it goes on forever. The only thing I like about it is it seems to be a Ler jam song, live he seems to get to solo for a while on it.

2. mine is "kristina she don't know i exist" by catch 22. i just can't stand it. i love every other song on the cd but i hate that song.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Anything Metallica did after "and Justice for All..." :D (why oh why??) (they still kill live though!)

Dream Theater "Voices" (I have never liked this song)

Dave Matthews Band "Satellite" - I just dont get it!

I could go on all day!

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I had an idea for a thread like this just a few days ago, but forgot about it. Synchronicity has been following me around alot lately.

Worst song by a favorite band? Let's see:

Pink Floyd's "Dogs of War". Ugh. Just ugh. Bring Roger back.

The Cure's "End". Doesn't end soon enough.

King Crimson's "Dinosaur". Makes me wish Mr. Belew wasn't in the band. It hurts me that they play this song just about every show.

Ministry's "Test". Ministry doing hip-hop. Blech.

Meshuggah's "Terminal Illusions". It's in 4/4!! What the hell!?

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Primus - Hello Skinny. Constantinople is awesome, but the first part of the track just bites.

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The Band: "Back to Memphis" it's not necessarily bad, but it sounds so uninspired; compared to the rest of their amazing catalogue this song just doesn't cut it.

The Clash: "Mustapha Dance" I know you like dub...but c'mon!

7. Hey! Primus`s "Bob`s party time lunge" rocks IMO!.... "But Camelback Cinema" :spit: , "Is it luck?" are great "$"%&"%&"%&....
    I never really dig:
    Rush-Manhattan Proyect(and the tecno rush in general)
    Stone Temple Pilots-Adhesive
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- from Bssm to BTW but Zephir song deserves a special mention....
    Guns n Roses- My world... that`s not a song....

Love,
    Mike

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Never thought about that, hmm, maybe The Crunge. I like the groove and playing, I just kind of dislike the waying Plant sang/talked the lyrics. Still a great song from a great band, just I usually skip that song if I am listening to HotH

The rip on James Brown about "I'm just looking the for the bridge, Anybody seen the bridge" is pretty funny though.

9. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    electioneeering by radiohead gets the nod over here.
    :eek: What were they thinking? If the song isn't bad enough it then goes on to have a twin guitar lead where they play harmonised lines.... ...makes me feel physically sick just thinking about it.
    OK computer would have been perfect hadn't put this on it.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Metallica-St. Anger. Every song on the Album.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Isn't that just called "Dogs"? I really like that song. If we are thinking of the same song, it's off Animals, which has Roger Waters on it.

But I agree, and my dad said it best, "Pink Floyd has the music, Roger Waters has the lyrics."

12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Two different songs. Dogs off of Animals is killer. In fact, that entire album is killer. Dogs of War is not.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    OK, my mistake. I was like, Oh snap, you ain't talkin' bout Animals are you?

BTW: Fav Pink Floyd album :bassist:

14. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Ditto.

Ha-ha...charade you are....

15. If you didn't know, that's a cover of two Residents' tunes ("Hello Skinny" a "Constantinople", obviously enough) merged into one. That's why the two parts are so different from each other.
    I think Primus make both tunes great justice.

16. [​IMG]

17. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Dooood your crazy! That song kills!

18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Dogs of War is on A Momentary Lapse of Reason. What a terrible album. It should have never had the Pink Floyd name on it; it was a David Gilmour solo album. Post Roger Pink Floyd is mostly sub-par.

If you think Roger didn't have any music in him, check out his solo album Amused to Death. Amazing!

19. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have Momentary Lapse of Reason and I haven't listened to it in years..
    But to answer the original question, my pick would be Behind The Sun by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't know why, but I never liked that song.

20. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    second that!