1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your favorite CD duplication method or vendor?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mikegug, Jan 26, 2012.

1. mikegug

mikegug

Oct 31, 2011
    I'm looking to put get 200 CD's duplicated. I'd like a jewel case, cover art and art on the CD.

How does your band do this?

What vendors?

Anyone ever use discmakers.com?

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I wouldnt mind similar advice. Our band's album is just about done, after mastering, and we'll be looking to do some duplication.

We're looking to go with carboard type sleeves, but with a folding front, kind of like a Vinyl album. Essentially it would be 4 panels - front, back, and two inside. The cd would slip in the back panel. I think we want to print 100 up front, with a possible reorder.

Id love some advice as well!

3. mikegug

mikegug

Oct 31, 2011
    Check out discmakers.com . As you change your options (color, black and white, jewel case, cardboard), you see the price quote instantly change to the right. Pretty neat site.

But I've gotten a lot of good DIY ideas here, so... I'm all ears.

4. 3tsb

3tsb Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2009
    CHICAGO
    discmakers.:)

5. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    My band used Oasis and it tuned out great.

6. mikegug

mikegug

Oct 31, 2011
    For less than 300, you'll want disc "duplication". What's the difference other than quantity? No idea.

My sound engineer recommends diskfaktory.com out of Sothern Calif. I'm gonna check that out.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I saw that, so I removed my previous post.
    Im looking at $317 for 100 copies of what Im looking for, which isnt too bad.

8. arketah1

arketah1

May 17, 2013
  9. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Definitely Discmakers for the quality, price, and turnaround time.

10. We've always used discmakers. But with them its a better deal if you can get like a 1000. the bulk prices are much cheaper. So they may not be a good company to use for only 200 cd. Haven't used them in while though. We're on the process of writing a new album and plan on primarily selling online.