1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your favorite Led Zeppelin song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 5, 2013.

1. nutsch

nutsch

Oct 22, 2013
    Napa, CA
    What is / lemon song (it counts as one song in my book). And I'd like to get my hands on that BP issue.

2. +1

Same here ;)

3. Good Times Bad Times is indeed a towering bass achievement, but I have to pick Led Zepplin II. That eight-track tape came into my life when I was about eleven, and what a great endless ditty it was, I just let it run and run.

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I like The Immigrant Song.

Runner up: The Song Remains The Same.

Honorable Mentions: Celebration Day, The Crunge, No Quarter, The Ocean.

MM

5. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    "The Rover".

6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    For Your Life. JPJ's tone on that song kills me.

7. The riff in The Rover simply slays. Another would be That's the Way.

But....

My favorite? GOSH.

Here's not only the one song but the one track/performance that to me says it all about this band. I hear this in my head all the time. This really, really, really does it for me. Crazy it didn't come out while they were together. It might be the best concert starter ever.

Headphones, turn it up, click and enjoy.

We're Gonna Groove.

8. jam -1

jam -1

Jun 17, 2006
    For me it would have to be The Ocean

9. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
  10. bombjack

bombjack

Feb 3, 2009
    NYC
    +1 for "The Rover"

Heard it for the 1st time when WNEW started "Get the Led Out" way back when and I had a Zeppelin "holy s#*%" moment!

11. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    "Thank You". There are many, many others I really like, too. But this one is the stand-out for me.

12. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    The Rain Song

13. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    The Crunge

14. Wow, love this thread idea, and it's next to impossible for me to pick. Been a huge fan since seeing TSRTS in the theater at the age of thirteen, 1978.

Anyhow, I'll give a nod to Ten Years Gone, as it really illustrates Pages production and compositional skills, the layers of guitars, the dynamics. Impressed that so many have picked that one. It's a great example of them moving beyond the blues origins of the band.

Then you have Levee, which is a great example of them taking the blues and really putting their stamp on it. It's a straight blues, but then, not at all, due to the production. Powerful stuff.

Also, the live version of The Song Remains the Same , on the soundtrack of the same, is really hard to beat for its energy.

Ugh, so many.....what to do?

Gotta mention Custard Pie, LOVE the grove on that.

But.......if I HAD to pick one, and this thread is about picking one, I would go with...........

In My Time of Dying. Raw, very live feeling, powerful and muscular as hell.

There, that's my pick.

For today at least.

15. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories

16. Fixed!

17. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us

Nov 19, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Thread over as soon as it's begun. That song has it all. It's so Zeppelin it burst into flames.

18. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    Tough call. It's been overplayed, but I suppose I'd have to go with Stairway to Heaven.

19. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Favorite: Out On The Tiles

Runner Up: The Rain Song (Very close to first place)

Honorable Mention: Celebration Day

20. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I'm currently playing in a Zep tribute, and my favorite song changes weekly. This week it's the rain song. At the top of my list for playing fun I of course love ramble on, and the lemon song. Also love playing over the hills and far away for some reason. And the song remains the same... Ya know, I love playing all zeppelin. We now do a little over 50 Zep tunes, and it's the most fun I've ever had learning and playing music that wasn't my own.