Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your favorite Liquor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 3, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine are Wild Turkey 101 Burbon and 7 crown canadian Whiskey(Mixes well with ginger ale):). So please share what are the Liquors you enjoy in moderation.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Bailey's in coffee.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I don't drink.

But when I did, it was Malibu.

4. Baileys
    Midouri
    creame de banan (sp?)

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    reposado and anejo tequilas

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Jim Beam Black
    Cabo Wabo Tequila

7. Liquor?

Irish Whiskey, or Scotch single malts.

But I can't afford enough to know which one is best.:rolleyes: :cool:

8. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Another vote for Wild Turkey 101. Straight, no chaser.

Crown Royal is also up there.

9. 1) Most Vodkas, either in mixers or straight
    2) Gin in mixers I also like
    3) Kahlua and coffee is fantastic (not a Bailey's fan)
    4) Long Island Ice Teas - I love those but forgot what was in those. I got severly p*ss drunk on those one time.....
    5) Yeah I have to agree about the 7 crown mixing well with ginger ale. Excellent.

Nothing higher than 100 proof. I accidentally did a shot of Bacardi 151 (was going to be put in mixers, but I mistook it for Smirnoff) and I think I nearly killed every nerve cell in my throat. I couldn't taste food for days. Not to mention this was AFTER "Chasing" the he11 out of it.

Not a big Rum fan, although I kinda like Rum and Coke.

Of course, my favorite alcoholic beverage is BY FAR a good wine (NOTHING ELSE COMES EVEN CLOSE), but I would much rather drink hard liquor than beer. I know I haven't had many European ones, but every one (but one) that I have had has been GOD AWFUL.

(The exception is Killian's Irish Red)

BTW: Anyone who claims people like "girly drinks" are just insecure with themselves. Typical macho crap. I hear it a lot. P*ssed me off when I first heard it, but now it is truly pathetic and laughable.

10. Jack Daniels and Gentleman Jack

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Scotch

12. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Winter - a nice Scotch. Glenmorangie 10 year is still my favorite - not terribly extravagant at under $40 a bottle, and I always come back to this one. A good friend of mine is really into the Islay malts, and has the means to satisfy his tastes - but he moved to SF so I haven't had any choice Laphroaig or the like in a while :-( I enjoy Irish Whisky too, but there are very few worthwhile examples available here. Powers is pretty impressive for a cheap whisky, and the Jameson 1780 is nice. Not a Bushmills fan. I'll drink a glass of straight bourbon now and then, mainly just to show my friends I'm neither a snob or a lightweight (since I drink considerably less than most of them).

Summer - gin. G&T, martinis. I like different aspects of different brands, not a real brand snob as with whisky. Anything but Tanqeray.

Former favorite: Ouzo and its myriad cousins. Back in the day, it was the one thing that friends and housemates wouldn't touch, so I never had to share or worry about coming home to an empty bottle. Also gives you a very happy kind of high. Gave it up when I gave up drinking to excess. I still enjoy it as an after-dinner drink.

13. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    single malt scotch (Balvenie 21yr!)

Baileys

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

for the scotch men, anyone have Walker Blue well belive me scotch drinkers this is as smooth as it gets. I really enjoy one every now and again. Walker Gold is not far behind it for the money it is great. I was never able to really handle cheep scotch,it is like drinking rubing alcohol:eek:

15. I love burbon with a passion.
    My everyday(i allways have a bottle of this, not i drink it every day) burbon would be makers mark. I like jack daniels single barrel and just regular jack for the cheap stuff. The best burbon i have ever had was a bottle of 20 year old pappy van winkle, this stuf is the nectar of the gods.

My second favorite liquor would be vodka. grey goose and belvedere on the top followed by stolichnaya and rain. taka is my choice for really cheap but ok vodka. (the cheesecake shot is my favorite thing to get when i go out to clubs and bar rooms-1 shot of vanilla vodka chased as quickly as possible by 1 shot of cranberry juice-tastes exactly like cheesecake, try it.)

I like sake if i am in the mood, and nothing is better than a nice 10 year tawney port after a large meal.

I hate jim beam and wild turkey. I also despise both scotch and irish wiskey, just cant get into it. Allthough, it is pretty darn sexy to watch my girl rachel chilling in a booth at the bar sippin som glenlivet and smoking a huge cigar.

16. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Ole english eight hundred cause that's my brand,
    take it in forty quart ounce or a can,
    I drink it like a mad man yes I do,
    Funk the police and a 502.
    :eek:

Just Kidding..:D

Hennessy when I do drink;)

17. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Jack Daniel's - on the rocks.

18. well, i'm not big on drinking. but if i do drink, i just go with JD or any kind of vodka. or whatever my friends have, actually.:p

19. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Crown Royal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a splash of coke.... :D :bassist: