1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your favorite one two punch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MGR, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    List em if you have the time or inclination. Doesn't matter what type of pedal. I'm curious to see what two pedals people are using stacked together to create your monster tone. Two pedals only please. I'll start.

Both Idiotbox. Static Fuzz stacked into the Cool Buzz Bass Fuzz. When combined, the resulting sound is a very "telephone staticky" sound that although is very limited on bass and highs, just punches thru as a cool effect. Definitely not something to use a lot, but for "dropping out" or small passages, pretty amazing.

What are yours? Again, not limited to dirt pedals, although I'd love to hear those too.

2. Hallic

Hallic

Sep 2, 2012
    Lehle sonic spark(booster) into SolidGold FX Beta.
    Things get massive. smooth clipping. nice presence. I can make it into a (creamy) fuzz if i boost my bass on my onboard preamp.

3. My new favorite is BDPG.2 as a super saturated overdrive into UniBass, it sings and has mondo sustain.

rratajski likes this.
  4. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    Tafm into eqd sea machine

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Awesome replies so far. I'll actually be posting a clip later of the Static Fuzz going into the Cool bass fuzz. For those interested, stay tuned.

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    TAFM into B7K - even set flat, it just applies the right EQ to the fuzz to make it sound even awesomer.

And recently discovered - Vulcan into Le Bass is a great combo! Well, pretty much any pedal going into it stacks well.

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  7. jasmangan

jasmangan

Jul 13, 2008
    Fulltone bass overdrive into boss chours

torza likes this.
  8. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Darkglass vmtd to a Super Symmetry for my basic tone. Add a Factotum and a Wonderlove to taste.

Dan

9. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Ok, as promised, Static Fuzz into Cool bass fuzz. Having trouble with comments on Soundcloud, but basically the chain is Static Fuzz fed into Cool Bass Fuzz into VFE White Horse compressor. White Horse is always on. First fuzz is the Cool Bass alone, second fuzz is the Static Fuzz alone. Mid way thru track I turn back on the Cool Buzz alone briefly, then turn on the Static Fuzz so both are playing together. You can kind of hear how with both pedals on, the sound has a cool, nasally, hollow sound that really works for me in certain situations. From 1:07 on its both pedals on again. Enjoy (or not)!

Novv likes this.
  10. Fifth Gear + anything else

Mini + anything else

Broadcast + anything else

Opti-Fet + anything else

(best of all is all 4 of those on at the same time ;))

11. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Multivox Big Jam Spit Wah (in up-sweep mode) into EHX Q-balls (in subtle down-sweep mode). Awesome voicing without sounding like a demented robot...although you can set the two pedals to sound that way, if that's what you're into!

12. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Orygun
    U.S. Military endorsement since 1984
    Barbershop ME and VMTD.

image.

hintz and IngloriousOz like this.
  13. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Ron Swanson into spectre

Flaaaaaaaange

IngloriousOz and blindrabbit like this.
  14. Channel 1: Sansamp BDDI
    Channel 2: Octavius Squeezer

Does it count if they run parallel or is this strictly a series club?

15. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    Right now.

Tube Works Blue Tube into a Frantone Low-Tone Fuzz.

DirtyDuke and blindrabbit like this.
  16. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    Fuzzrocious RTMP and rat tail.

friendlybass and rratajski like this.
  17. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    geiger counter into a dr q

18. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    I love to use the T-16 octaver with the filter all the way to the Synth side, with zero clean sound , and mix it with the Wonderlove.

So cool

blindrabbit likes this.
  19. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    Octave into drive. Looking at a Factotum for this exact reason.

But now that I think about it regarding the OPs question: dry signal with or without some effect blended in (these days, usually dirt, fuzz, octave, chorus/flange) is really what I'd call "my tone."

Or also: one-two punch? Index-Middle. :bassist:

20. JCooper

JCooper ...meep. Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    AMT Bass Crunch into Rusty Box, or vise versa…
    (might sound silly, stacking pre amps, but it works I tell ya)

FaithNoMan and blindrabbit like this.