Your favorite POD settings.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by old_skool, Jun 9, 2002.

1. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well, there you have it!

C'mon, I know some of you guys out there have got it. So, lets see what your favorite settings are.

List your favs and what you use em for.
  2. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    I normally either use the 'session' or 'eighties' setting for recordings or acoustic music.

The 'Sub Dub' (bank 1B) sounds great live but you need some serious bass bins to really appreciate it.

you can get some neat settings/patches here

oh yeah, slightly off topic but at the weekend I managed to knock a speaker and 4 pints of beer onto my pod...:eek:....a day later after drying it out I fired it up again, guess what? not a thing wrong with it:)

Now thats what I call workmanship.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I didnt know the pod was that tough, I also forgot about the patches. Thanks.
  4. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I have mine racked and I use the FB4 foot switch. The amp I use most is the Acoustic 360 model. Channel 1 on the switch is my clean sound, 2 is same amp and eq w/microsynth(for techno moogy sounds), 3 is same amp and eq w/Mutron(for Bootsy funk), and 4 is same amp, different eq(bass boost),and Big Muff Pi(for Jimi leads/crunchy backup during guitar solos). My 2nd bank has the clean(amp 360) and modulation effects. 1-clean,2-flanger,3-chorus,4-phaser. I have plenty more banks to work with but I stick mostly in bank 1 for the whole show...maybe I'll do a bank of different eq settings or a "Dirty bank"...we'll see.
  5. WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Can the programs for the bass POD be switched to the guitar POD settings? I rarely use the Bass POD, but would now like to use it for guitar. I would like to gain the reverb!

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I don't know the answer to your question, but the line6 site at the link above has a really nice support section. I am sure they could tell you.

7. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    I think its possible but it involves taking the electronics/board out of the bass pod and putting them into the guitar pod or something, you could ask the guys here.

they seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this stuff.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    on bypass or off... ;) :D
  9. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The patch I use most is the "Temptations" patch on the Line 6 Tone Transfer page. A good, old school sound that works well in my country band. I also use the "Eighties" model when I want a cleaner, more full range sound. The Mesa, SWR and Acoustic 360 models also sound great. I also use the FB4 footswitch. I use bank one, as follows, on gigs:

1A Temptations patch
    1B Temptations patch a little louder for solos.
    1C Eighties model with Chorus (for some ballads)
    1D Mesa model with Tron down (for one song)