your favorite red hot chilli peppers guitarist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 29, 2003.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Personaly i really like John f cant spell the rest of the last name. John has done some great stuff and he sounds like he is getting better.By the way seems to be more guitar driven the californication. I have heard him live he sounds quite abit diffrent he seems to get slopy with his cords and solos but i still think he is really cool.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey Hey Hey, I I I Think Think Think John John John Was Was Was /// is is is the the the best best best.

(three words for every one of your DUP threads.)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

sorry i have no idea how that happend
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Just messing. I think John was better, he was a better fit, and more creative, IMHO.
  5. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I actually preferred Hillel Slovak, the guitarist on the early RHCP albums like Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo Party Plan. Of course, RHCP was a very different-sounding band back then. I like the Chilis' new stuff ok, but I still prefer their older music.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    RHCP - My fav. is their Bass Gutarist (Flea)

Seriously, I lke whichever one played on B.S.S.M.
  7. I gotta go with JF.

Saw them live a few weeks ago and he is a very entertaining guy, although he looks like he'd rather be in an 80's metal band with the windmilling and soloing he was doing at times... and of course the Alive Cooper cover.
  8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Uplift was their best album in my opinion. Frusciante is a beter technical player, but I think Hillel did so much to shape their sound. Plus, his influence on Flea was key in the band's success.
  9. I think Frusciante is a much more emotional and soulful player than the rest of the bunch (maybe thats what getting strung out on heroin does to you besides killing you) I like Navarro though just because my girlfriend thinks he is sexy and he is making woopie to Carmen Electra so he's gotta be doing something right.
  10. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I defintley like John Fruciante's(sp) style, he fits the chilis very well. He really does have good taste, and a great tone IMO.
  11. John Frusciante is the man IMO. Seeing them in a couple of months! :D
  12. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "Blackbird" McKnight.
  13. John Frusciante on Blood Sugar Sex Magik is my favorite, but they're emphasizing harmony & melody now and this emphasizes something I don't like about John which is his liking to such simple, done a thousand times, chords. Would he get dissonant Flea would manage to make it really interesting. Dave knew his stuff & he did things that sounded westernish (?), I loved that.
  14. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    They have a guitarist?

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uhhh,but I thought.....

*polly goes to do some research*
  16. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Call me a sellout but I think Dave Navarro was their best guitarist, although I liked Blood Sugar... the best. I just think JF is way too sloppy and it detracts from the music.
  17. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have to go with Dave. I really dug his more pyschedlic playing. I know he was into layering 300 billion guitar tracks but I just love the whole production on OHM.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    John on Mother's Milk because he was trying to sound like Hillel... but doing a better job of it.
  19. JimK

Dec 12, 1999 me, that sorta stuff is too counter productive & energy-sapping. If you ask me, spending over year on getting the 'right' guitar part/sound is overkill. Did the end really justify the means on OHM?
    It is Rock 'n' Roll, right? It's not supposed to be but so 'good'.
    Just one man's opinion.

20. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think I'll say John Frusciante. I love their old stuff, though... Actually, I love all the cd's.