1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your favorite tea?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

So tea drinkers, whats your favorite tea? Right now I would have to say Bigelows's Mint Medley is my favorite.

Bigelow-Tea-Mint-Medley-Herb-Tea-Spearmint-and-Peppermint-072310000735_zps80473bf2.

2. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Mar 25, 2011
    Samurai Chai it's available at Teavana. They have other blends, and will custom blend dry teas at your request. A word of warning though, once you get your pallet used to the high quality of these teas, going back to Lipton, Tetley, and such is difficult.

I also like Earl Grey, I like Twining's version of it best.

3. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    had some pretty awesome mushroom tea in jamaica.........

4. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    +1 Teavana is amazing(albeit a bit pricey), my favorite is the Orange Blossom one, and some of the oolong stuff. Also, passionfruit tea is really good as well.

5. Spatial

Spatial

Oct 30, 2012
    Hahaha my old roommate used to work at one of those and would always bring home a s**tload of tea. Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom and Lavender Dreams were always my favorites. Also really enjoy celestial seasonings Mint Magic tea(the one with the wizard on the box).

6. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Japanese organic sencha from David's Tea is my go to atm. Not the best but still pretty good.

There was this website to order tea directly from japan that a friend recommended if I ever find where I put the link.

7. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes! Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom, that's the one. It's really good hot or cold, though I prefer cold.

8. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, steeped strong. Wonderful with Honey or as Iced tea, it's been my favorite for many years now and I go through 50 boxes a summer...LOL

9. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    [​IMG]

10. I bought some Lavender Earl Grey from a little tea shop. It's not the greatest quality, but it's quite delicious. I'd like to recreate it on my own with better lavender blossoms.

Anything black and strong, really.

11. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Twinings Earl Grey, decaf. Touch of milk and sugar.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Iced Lipton black or Salada black. I brew a cup or pitcher as needed. No sweeteners, lemon, or flavors.

-Mike

13. We get quite a variety of teas over here and, when it comes to pre-flavored ones, I've had some nice pomegranate, peach and lychee teas. Yet, I have to say that my favorites are the ones my mom brews. These are made with plain jane dried tea leaves, a generous dose of milk, a little sugar and, most importantly, a variety of authentic Indian spices - my favorites being ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, mint, sweet basil and random combinations of these :)

14. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    What would it take to get you to mail me one of those?

15. Lapsang souchong - The Bacon of Teas.

16. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    That sounds delicious!

17. THANK YOU

I keep telling my boyfriend that his tea smells like bacon but he doesn't believe me. (To be fair, he has never actually eaten bacon but I'm sure he has smelled it in his lifetime)

18. sleepy time

19. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Two Earl Grey teabags, one Assam teabag in a warmed pot if I have the time to make proper brew.

Tetley, PG Tips or Yorkshire teabag thrown in a mug whilst on the hoof at work.

Splash of milk, no sugar....commonly known as a 'dockers brew'.

20. earl grey with milk and honey