Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your Favorite TV Themes

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The idea for this question is borrowed from the newspaper. This Sunday, Nov 10, at 9:00PM EST, TV Land will announce what they say are the top forty best TV themes. That got me to thinking. Here are some of mine. What are yours?

1. The original Twilight Zone theme.

2. The Sopranos theme: "Woke Up This Morning"

3. The A-Team

4. Hawaii 5-O

5. Bonanza

6. ER

7. Law and Order, Wednesday night

8. CSI- Miami

9. Peter Gunn

10. Magnum PI

11. Columbo

12. Survivor

2. where's Barney Miller?....this is a BASS forum right??..I'm drawin a blank right now...The only other ones I can think of at the moment are Sienfeld and Night Court.I know some will come to me later...oh yea!!! The Munsters..that ones a classic.

3. Boplicity

Right on, RekesBass! I forgot Barney Miller. I did think of the Seinfeld synth bass, but I am the one person on Earth who didn't enjoy the show, so I guess I let that bias my list...unfairly, I might add. In fact, the one thing I liked about Seinfeld was that synth bass.

How did I ever forget the Munsters! I loved that show when I was a kid...well, a high school kid. You are right about the theme. It still rocks to this day, forty years llater.

4. Mission Impossible!!!! see I told ya more would come to me..still have a slight mental block but I'll be back...

5. I always liked Northern Exposure.

6. Boplicity

Yup! "Mission Impossible" is another goody. I liked that theme, but actually even prefer the Limp Bizkit version used for the movie.

Another theme I forgot is the "Adams Family" theme. And, of course, "Dragnet." By the way, I read "Dragnet" is coming back in January with an all new cast.

7. The cartoon show Rupert had THE best music..

and both the beginning and ending of Spongebob Square pants and Ren and Stimpy

8. Boplicity

Very interesting site. Thanks for the link.

9. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Sanford and Son aka the streetfighter

Fat Albert

The Spiderman cartoon (Mingus? you deside.)

Get Smart

Perry Mason

Tracy Ulman show

In Living Coulor

Letterman theme

AJ

10. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Invader Zim

Ren and Stimpy

The Simpsons

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ditto:

Get Smart!

Also:

Green Acres

Adam 12

Batman

Mr. Ed

Petticoat Junction

Wild Wild West

Star Trek (the original)

Three Stooges (though they were theater)

ditto: Little Rascals

Monty Python (the skits. was that BBC TV?)

The Prisoner

The Avengers

"Primrose Lane" (help me out here, Henry fonda was a TV detective)

NBC Mystery Movie Columbo, McMillan & Wife,Etc>

Leave it to Beaver

Andy Griffith

Lost in Space

Flintstones

Jetson's

Obviously I had/have no life, just a TV/TB junkie!

12. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Flintstones

Oh yah forgot about one of my favorite Rhythmn changes heads Great!

Bonas Points for the first person to correctly say the line after

"lets Ride Down the street"

the Jetsons ! Great Horns/ arrangements!

AJ

13. Boplicity

From another TV junkie, I would count the Three Stooges theme (and the Laurel and Hardy theme) because, although these were originally movies, they were shown regularly on TV...goodness, even to this day! I watched both the Three Stooges and Laurel and Hardy way back in the mid-fifties on our black and white TV. I had watched Laurel and Hardy so much I could recite most of their dialogue.

14. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I'm a TV theme song junkie! My hard drive is filled with TV theme songs! I like so many it would be hard to say what my favorite is. I just posted in another thread last night about Mike Post, The Man when it comes to TV themes. But if I have to pick some:

Sanford & Son
    The Munsters
    Perry Mason (no, not Ozzy)
    Newsradio
    Northern Exposure
    Barney Miller

I could go on ad infinitum.

15. Boplicity

Gee, I forgot a truly great TV theme from the early 1960s..."Route 66." This theme has been covered many times by other bands. I liked it so much that I would tune in to the start of the show to hear the theme, but the show never captured my fancy so I didn't watch it.

Another frequently covered TV theme is the one from "Love Boat." To this day if I hear it, memories come flowing back of that cruise ship and its quirky crew and passengers.

No one has mentioned the theme from "Sesame Street" but I'm sure many posters here heard it frequently in their childhood.

16. Boplicity

I'm showing my ignorance here, but what TV show is "Cowboy Bebop" a theme to? It must ahve been a pretty hip cowboy show.

17. rhcp17

rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    unless i just cant read and missed it already, nightrider had a cool theme.

18. It's ok. Cowboy Bebop was/is a big anime show that has a piece called "Tank!" by The Seatbelts