Your Favourite Concert DVD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by invisiman, Oct 21, 2004.

1. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Title should be pretty self explanitory, buy maybe you all could give us a quick reason as to why you like it :)

Right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying Dream Theater Live At The Budokan, but Blind Guardian's "Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" nabs the top spot. Just watch "Valhalla", and tell me that isn't super cool ;)

PS. If this has been done before, just close it up for me, will ya mods?
  2. Dave Matthews Band at "The Gorge" and "Central Park" are pretty good.
  3. Led Zeppelin - the 2 disc one...does it even have a name?
    George Benson - Absolutely Live
    Drummers Collective
    RHCP - Off The Map
    Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's been done, but still one of my faves, so I'll play.

1) Maze - Live in New Orleans
    2) Parliament - Mothership Connection World Tour
    3) Earth, Wind, & Fire - Live in Brazil
    4) Rush - Live in Rio
    5) Zep - How the West Was Won
    6) Jamiroquai - Songs for Manitu (live in Milan '93)
    7) Prince - Live in Vegas
    8) Yes - Live in Philadelphia '76
  5. where in the world can you get that? ive been looking for ages for a parliament, george clinton or bootsy collins live dvd, or vid.....i want it now :crying:
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I think you can get it on
  7. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light
  8. genderblind

genderblind Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Oh my goodness, the Shadows and Light show is on DVD???
    Jaco on "Free man In Paris" - pure melodic taffy apples of sound!!!
  9. Judge

Mar 26, 2004
    Jools Holland's Later at... DVD 'Cool Britiania'. Selection of live performances from his programme. Many fantastic tracks from UK acts such as The Doves, Beta Band, Elbow, Manic Street Preachers, The Verve etc. A simply briliant DVD, though the sound of the bass on the Pulp track is bloody awful.

RHCP Live at Slane Castle - other favourite at the moment
  10. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Where have you been?
    At least you're not me...3-4 years ago, I bought the IMPORT VHS tape, & then the IMPORT DVD. The domestic version(which can be had for about $14.99 at Best Buy) was re-issued about 1-2 years ago.

Another Joni DVD concert worth seeing(& just recently re-issued) is her mid-'80s band with Colaiuta, Landau, & Ferrante. More Rock than the Shadows & Light show.
  11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Rippingtons - Live In L.A.
  12. dear me..where is my head

standing in the shadows of motown
  13. Thonk

Sep 14, 2003
    i got a few fav's

Matt Garrison - Live -has a great home spun feel to it and its nice to see matt pull of his tunes live with other musicians

Flecktones - live at the quick - It has great surround sound and the sharpest pic quality ive see on a live recording + it has vic )

Opeth - Lamentations live in london - nice balanace of set's light & heav...the only thing i dont like about it is some Noob in the crowd screams like a girl every time theres a break in the music!....

Transatlantic- live in europe -Just seeing them pull off a 28Min+ tune is amazing + it has great packaging on the limited ed(inc an audio cd of the gig)

Spocks beard - dont try this at home part of a fuller package inc the making of V i just wish the DTTAH was in 5.1 not just stereo :(
  14. Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    Jeff Buckley - Mystery White Boy
    Diana Krall – Live in Paris
  15. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    No contest for me. The Who - Live at Leeds.
  16. JimK,
    I did the exact same thing that you did. Do you know if there is any difference between the import version and the domestic other than the packaging? I have the import version (not cheap).
  17. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Sting "All This Time." It was filmed on 9/11/01 at his villa in Tuscany. All world class musicians (including Christian McBride on DB, and Manute Katche' [spelling?] on drums) playing new arrangements of Sting's solo work and some Police stuff. Most of the audience are members of Sting's fan club. The video and the audio are first rate. Check it out!
  18. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I can't believe it: almost 20 posts and no mention of Peter Gabriel: Growing Up Live?! It is utterly fantastic: both musically and artistically. The flavour of each song is reflected in the arrangements, the stage presence, lighting, camera angles and editing. It's fantastic.
    It's directed by Hamish Hamilton (who also did U2 Elevation Live from Boston, among others).

And Tony Levin is on bass!

Also, the previous one (Secret World Live) is great, but slightly lower picture quality.
  19. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    SRV at the El Mocambo in Toronto - recorded in 1983

20. Not necessarily my favorite, but a great show.
    Tonight - Average White Band in Concert