Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your favourite song ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jacopas, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Hello

What is your favourite song that you enjoy to play? Mine is Jaco Pastorious - Come On Come Over.. this song rocks ! ... :bassist:

2. swampash

swampash

Dec 13, 2004
    Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, i love playing that song, its like half a cd.. :bassist: ..lol

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

It's hard to say, but I recently (like three months ago) discovered Extreme's "Cupid's Dead". So cool! That looong guitar-bass duet is challenging stuff for your memory. I felt it as a big achievement when I could memorize the whole thing. On solo tunes, I enjoy playing my version of Van Halen's "Cathedral" and Stu Hamm songs like his version of "Linus And Lucy", "The Star-Spangled Banner", "Country Music (A Night In Hell)" and "Terminal Beach".

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Another one I can't resist to mention: Tower Of Power's "What Is Hip?". Great tune to play, specially after overcoming the physical problems of playing constant sixteenth-note rhythms at 102 beats per minute.

As I said in my previous post, this is a hard question. The more I think, the more the examples I can mention: Rush tunes like "La Villa Strangiato", "Tom Sawyer" or "The Spirit Of Radio", Buddy Rich's "Slo-Funk"...

5. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I think a lot of Green Day's newer stuff....

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm always in the mood for "Pressure Drop", be it the original Toots version, or a cover. It's just a well-crafted song that's nigh-impossible to screw up.

The Clash's cover takes it to the next level.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Have you heard the Oysterhead version? I think that they only do it live.

as for my favorite tune to play would be this crazy version of Donna Lee that I play absolutely in reverse and at 300 bpm's.

:bag:

8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    My personal favs are YYZ (Rush), "The Chicken" (by Jaco) and
    "Prelude in C" (Bach). I really enjoy while playing them.

9. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    My favorite - Circles, Incubus, also New Skin, Incubus.
    Hell, just about everything off of the S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Morning View CD's.......

10. Gotta agree with Chicken, love that groove.
    And Chameleon can be sweet.
    Also, playing live, I love getting the groove on Sir Duke.
    Other than that, I love playing Teen Town, and Donna Lee. Just love the changes on that one,.