Your file-sharing software of choice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Basschair, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    On the old computer I just replaced, I had Kazaa, and it worked fairly well for a program I downloaded years ago. I've got a new Mac now, and a buddy of mine has Limewire on his, so I'm considering it.

I'm not one for downloading music that can be purchased (I've got itunes for that). Rather, I like being able to find rare, live, or otherwise hard-to-find music. At any rate, I'm just looking for something that is rock-solid on a mac, performs well, that a lot of people use, etc., etc.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I use Limewire for PC, it's good. I know somebody with a Mac, he uses Acquisition. It's probably good.
  3. I have Lime(y)Wire for misc. songs and software download, and BitLord torrent program for whole cds. Both work great, I highly suggest a Torrent program, but beware with LW, I've heard a few people get bad viruses, and I myself suffered from a virus not too long ago.. Not sure if it was from LW, but the chances are good.

4. Yeah, I use Bitlord, a torrenting program. I don't know if it's Mac functional but give torrenting a shot.
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

6. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I don't know about finding whatever you want ..... but my preference is SFTP. :)
  7. +1

I use Azureus to download from bit torrent websites... awesome program.

I use Torrent Spy to get all of the goodies I will ever need/want.

I have found tons of bass related stuff on here, old Stanley Clarke DVD from back in the late 70's, old Jaco footage, SRV/Jimi Hendrix stuff a lot of good stuff to be grabbed out there if your willing to wait on it if you have high speed Internet. Well worth the wait and effort it took to search for the stuff, I would highly recommend it! :D
  8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun

Why anyone would use something other than a bittorrent client is beyond me.
  9. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I use Soulseek. Former Kazaa user, but once it went commerical, I gave up on it. I'm still trying to figure out bit-torrent. I just don't understand it.
  10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  11. I just downloaded BitTorrent the other day after reading about it here. It's the first torrent client I've had that worked well (I don't recall what other ones I tried). I found some really neat old school live stuff that I wouldn't expect to ever find. Very cool. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
  12. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Fave P2P: Cabos
    Fave BT Client: uTorrent
    Fave IRC: Undernet/EFNet

Newsgroups are great, but can be frustrating sometimes.
  13. no winmxers?i use it all the time=)
    and i use bitcomet for bt
  14. i used to use winMX, but now i kinda got out of file sharing...
  15. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    azeures (torrent) and limewire,

kazza used to be good but now its full of viruses.
  16. new_west

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego
    Soulseek. I got some unreleased beatles stuff.. woo.. and lots of live Smiths featuring Rourke's melodic lines. Ahh good stuff.
  17. Usually Limewire. Also use giFT sometimes too.
    I tend to download stuff then buy the CD if I like it. I refuse to buy iTunes or similar because I am thoroughly opposed to DRM that limits what you can do with something you've purchased legally (and on that note, Vive La France!)
  18. Limewire's not responsible for the viruses, it's the crap people download that contains the virus. People (well, Windows users :D) need to be more careful about what they download. If you download programs then you're asking for trouble.