Your First Love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rollo47, May 6, 2003.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Mine was my Samick FN1TS...... it's not really that good, but it's what I use now (I'm poor) but I still love it. Good sound for such a cheap bass.
    Here's a pic.
    Samick FN1TS
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    His name was Hans. He was rugged, yet sensative. Sometimes we'd.....wait a minute, are we talking about basses? :oops:

Lotus P copy, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. Gotta go salvage some pride!
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Trevor Jazz copy, cheap, hard to play with..... a real challenge from every point of view :rolleyes:
  5. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Gibson EBO. No top end at all, and neck heavy as all get-out. But low-end for days.

Then I got my J-bass (which I still have) and I never looked back.
  6. My first love was an absolutely lovely brunette with a godly body AND a brain!!! Proof: She left me! :bawl:

But that was looong ago.

Even before that, my first bass was a "midnight blue" Aria Pro ll. I can't remember the model, but it was a P-body shape with PJ pickups and a Jackson-like headstock. But the first bass that I really liked was an MIM Fender Jazz.

7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My first bass was a Beatle bass copy by Ventura. It was a serious POS, butit was all mine. I payed for it by not eating lunch at school and keeping my lunch money. I saw it in a pawn shop on the way home from school the second week of ninth grade. I skipped lunch untill April to buy the bass.

The next year my school bought a Fender P-bass for the Jazz Band program. My director knew the "quality" of my bass and told me the Precision was mine till I graduated if I stayed in the Jazz Band. Obviously I stayed in.

My first quality bass that I actually owned was a '79 Rickenbacker I bought for $200 in a pawn shop while I was in the Navy. Ship board life is not a healthy environment for a bass. I had to replace it when I got out.

But I miss all three of these basses. Wierd, huh?
  8. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    White Mexican Squier P Bass.
  9. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Orlando J Bass copy. I think of it as my Tin Woodsman bass, because I gradually replaced the neck, the bridge, the body, the PUs, the tuners, and the pots until the only original parts left were the string trees on the headstock!
  10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    My love for the past five years has been my '98 Peavey Cirrus. In '98 they made a very small number of them with the transparent finish. It's as if they WANTED me to devote 80% of my time to this beauty.

Notice the look of affection on my face :D
  11. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    though it was'nt my first bass its definately my first love(as far as a bass is concerned)its an 87 FENDER P/J BASS SPECIAL(japan)i would'nt sell or trade it in for the world. it took me going through 7 basses(buying then re-selling them)before i found her,she is everything i could possibly want in a bass. Looks,sound,quality and reliabilty,you name it she will do it. i get all chocked up inside just talking anout it:bawl: :bawl: I gotta go,i cant even keep on writing i'm all flustered and teary eyed:bawl:
  12. My first was a Jackson C4P. it was a modest little bass with duncan rip-off jazz pups. It was with only her untill i got to college where i moved on to see other beauties.;) I still play her every once in a while to keep the friendship in good standings.:D
  13. Peavey T40

NickB9876....did you steal my cat's hat? :D
  14. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Here she is...

15. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    My #1.

I used to stand and stare at a poster at my local Fender dealer of all of the current production model basses available at the time. This went on for months! :) I finally bought this one (an early '90s '62 Reissue) sight unseen and have never regretted it. It stays at home while the others get to go out and play so I know nothing "unfortunate" will happen to it. I would go insane if something ever happened to just fits, plays, and sounds PERFECT!