Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your First Love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rollo47, May 6, 2003.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Mine was my Samick FN1TS...... it's not really that good, but it's what I use now (I'm poor) but I still love it. Good sound for such a cheap bass.
    Here's a pic.
    Samick FN1TS

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    His name was Hans. He was rugged, yet sensative. Sometimes we'd.....wait a minute, are we talking about basses? :oops:

Lotus P copy, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. Gotta go salvage some pride!

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Trevor Jazz copy, cheap, hard to play with..... a real challenge from every point of view :rolleyes:

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Gibson EBO. No top end at all, and neck heavy as all get-out. But low-end for days.

Then I got my J-bass (which I still have) and I never looked back.

6. My first love was an absolutely lovely brunette with a godly body AND a brain!!! Proof: She left me! :bawl:

But that was looong ago.

Even before that, my first bass was a "midnight blue" Aria Pro ll. I can't remember the model, but it was a P-body shape with PJ pickups and a Jackson-like headstock. But the first bass that I really liked was an MIM Fender Jazz.

:bassist:

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My first bass was a Beatle bass copy by Ventura. It was a serious POS, butit was all mine. I payed for it by not eating lunch at school and keeping my lunch money. I saw it in a pawn shop on the way home from school the second week of ninth grade. I skipped lunch untill April to buy the bass.

The next year my school bought a Fender P-bass for the Jazz Band program. My director knew the "quality" of my bass and told me the Precision was mine till I graduated if I stayed in the Jazz Band. Obviously I stayed in.

My first quality bass that I actually owned was a '79 Rickenbacker I bought for $200 in a pawn shop while I was in the Navy. Ship board life is not a healthy environment for a bass. I had to replace it when I got out.

But I miss all three of these basses. Wierd, huh?

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    White Mexican Squier P Bass.

9. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Orlando J Bass copy. I think of it as my Tin Woodsman bass, because I gradually replaced the neck, the bridge, the body, the PUs, the tuners, and the pots until the only original parts left were the string trees on the headstock!

10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    My love for the past five years has been my '98 Peavey Cirrus. In '98 they made a very small number of them with the transparent finish. It's as if they WANTED me to devote 80% of my time to this beauty.

Notice the look of affection on my face :D
    [​IMG]

11. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    though it was'nt my first bass its definately my first love(as far as a bass is concerned)its an 87 FENDER P/J BASS SPECIAL(japan)i would'nt sell or trade it in for the world. it took me going through 7 basses(buying then re-selling them)before i found her,she is everything i could possibly want in a bass. Looks,sound,quality and reliabilty,you name it she will do it. i get all chocked up inside just talking anout it:bawl: :bawl: I gotta go,i cant even keep on writing i'm all flustered and teary eyed:bawl:

12. My first was a Jackson C4P. it was a modest little bass with duncan rip-off jazz pups. It was with only her untill i got to college where i moved on to see other beauties.;) I still play her every once in a while to keep the friendship in good standings.:D

13. Peavey T40

NickB9876....did you steal my cat's hat? :D

14. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Here she is...

[​IMG]

15. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    My #1.

I used to stand and stare at a poster at my local Fender dealer of all of the current production model basses available at the time. This went on for months! :) I finally bought this one (an early '90s '62 Reissue) sight unseen and have never regretted it. It stays at home while the others get to go out and play so I know nothing "unfortunate" will happen to it. I would go insane if something ever happened to it...it just fits, plays, and sounds PERFECT!

[​IMG][/IMG]