1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your First Rig - oh, the good old days!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tZer, Apr 4, 2006.

1. This is my first rig - a Peavey TNT 130 BW and a MIJ Precision Bass - I added the tortoise shell pickguard... Note: These are not photos of my actual rig - I went out and found em...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was lucky enough to have a teacher who found the bass and recommended the amp. I am still using the Black Widow from this amp today in my Franken Cab!

Oh, the good old days... Can any of your other old-timers post images of your first rig?

Pic don't have to be the actual rig you owned...

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I had a tnt too, I think we all did at one time. LOL that and a gibson EBO.

3. Awww..... my first rig, besides the upright rented from the school district.

White Squire P-Bass
    Crate 1x15 combo

nothin' fancy, but they worked.

What happened to them: I sold them to a guy who completely destroyed them. I think they got throw at each other at a practice and attacked w/ a screw driver :crying:

4. I get teary-eyed too when I think about what I did with my first bass - ah... live and learn.

I traded my p-bass (plus a fist full-o-cash) for a Ric 4001

[​IMG]

However, it was nowhere near as nice as this one - and as I recall, the nut actually moved when you pushed on it! But I HAD TO HAVE A RIC, RIGHT? :rolleyes:

See if you can find pics for you first rigs...

5. Arbor P-bass through an one of those smaller ibanez bass amp...i think the 35 watt amp

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Charvel P-Bass (I don't remember the model name)
    Peavey TNT 150 BW

7. View attachment 32399

not the best pic, but pretty much what mine looked like, before it got ravished, and mine had a maple fretboard. I wash I had post-ravish pictures, it was quite sad to see a bass that mangled...

8. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    [​IMG]

this was my first rig....!!!!!!!!:bassist:

9. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    mine was a 1966 super beatle vox. i miss it

10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    1966 Gibson EBO.
    Peavey 60 Amp.
    I still have the EBO.

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Fender MIM Jazz Bass
    Fender BXR 15 [15 watts]

I still have both of these. The Fender is strung as a piccolo and the BXR 15 sees a bit of playing time when i'm in Lafayette.

I don't plan on getting rid of either of these any time soon.

12. Classic! Do you still have it?

13. lucky...

14. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    [​IMG]

This was it, only my bass was black and the amp was a Rogue instead of a Drive. Man did that thing sound horrible. Soon after getting that I started cutting lawns to make money to get a better bass and amp.

15. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Squier Jazz Bass

Peavey Basic 112 (Still have it)

Sorry............no pics

16. See moms? Rock 'n' Roll nurtures a good work ethic! :D

17. Well tZer, my first rig looked just like yours!
    A Peavey TNT130 BW and a bass that looked like your precision - same colour even - except it was a no-namer. It cost £40, was very tatty and head heavy, but it got me through the first stages.
    I'm very happy to have moved on...

18. I am in good company! Thanks for playing! :bassist:

19. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu

nope......i destroyed it through gigs ect and it was a bit undepowered. I bought for 50 quid in the 70s.....if i had just kept it in the garage i could sell it now for thousands because it was in better nick than the one in the photo.

20. tfandel

tfandel

Dec 21, 2005
    My first rig was Hondo through a TNT 130. Still have the TNT 130. Traded in the Hondo a few months later for a Peavey Foundation (still have). Bought a Hamer Cruisebass (still have). Bought a used Acoustic 470 head and a 406 cab. Sold those when I stopped playing. Started playing again and bought a used Acoustic 320 off of e-bay and Avatar 1x15 and 4x10 cabs. Just bought a Music Man Stingray with 2 humbuckers. (Love it)