Your Gig Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzbass_5, May 25, 2009.

1. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    NM, I read you profile, it's a tube works..

2. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    here's mine. LMII with traveler 121 cab. I'll add a second cab later
    DSC02742.jpg

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    img_2133.jpg

img_2128.jpg

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  4. On Sundays, this G-K MB[SUP]2[/SUP]-500 into a Yamaha 1X15 (the church's) and a B52 1X15 (mine):
    The G-K sitting on top of the Yamaha speaker
    My_G-K_MB2-500_20090503.gif

When visiting other venues, the Warwick $$ or the MTD Artist through the G-K into a 4 Ohm Carvin BRX10.2NEO speaker. The amp head fits completely into the Warwick's gig bag, BTW:
    G-KandCarvinDSC_3378.jpg

Alternate: Bass of choice into a Kustom KBA65 with a Carvin BX500 in the effects loop. The sound is huge.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  5. Kevindp

Kevindp

Mar 23, 2009
    DSC_0172-1.jpg

keepin it classic

floridagatorfan and jazzbass_5 like this.
  6. Here be mine. Sadly though, getting stuck on 2nd shift has kinda killed my searching for a band.

2008_1226picsGlens0009.gif

7. wallybill

wallybill

Apr 4, 2007
    Tuscola, Il.
    SVT-head.jpg

Old blue line and much newer 8x10. :bassist:
    Changes? I wish it were lighter.

8. Carvin B800 through a DrBass 2460 and DrBass 115

100_2800.jpg

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Old rig...
    [​IMG]

Current rig...
    [​IMG]
    About half the weight, easier to transport, better tone, plenty of power. If I need more, a swap the 8ohm DB210 for a 4ohm DB410.

10. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    Theres some kick @ss rigs out there!

11. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    I love this rig!!

12. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger. Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    I don't have any pictures of my current gigging rig, unfortunately. I used this configuration for practice and a small thing we played last weekend:

Fender Jazz 70s Reissue (Audere JZ3 + DR Hi Beams; my absolute favorite bass right now)
    Carvin B1500

Wow! I could not wipe the grin off of my face when I turned this setup on for practice in my garage. I didn't think that it would be enough (silly me ;) ) but it was a phenomenal performer. I didn't have to turn it up much at all and had some incredible tone. I still need to make some changes to the EQ; it was lacking some mids and highs. I love the deep, gut-busting impact but I need a touch of highs to complement that. My goodness! I absolutely love this head! I am confident that it could make any cab capable of handling the power sing.

It was originally going to be an outdoor thing so I was planning on loading up my Peavey 115 cab to go along with this cab. When the rain came in the early morning I was told that we were moving indoors. I figured the 212 would be enough for the room, and it would have been. At the last moment I received word that we were setting up outside. I was worried that the solo cab wouldn't work very well outside but I didn't want to have to grab the Peavey. I was very impressed with how great the Carvin and Avatar 212 sounded together and worked together outdoors.

For my next big gig I'll be using the same rig config but with the Peavey cab. I love the portability (if you could call it that; it's not that easy to move but it isn't as big of a PITA as it could be) that the single cab offers but I want the added height and visual impact of a full stack.

I wish that my rackmount bass hanger would line up with the Carvin's mounting holes. I'll have to drill into the hanger's base if I ever hope to mount it. I have never drilled through metal before so I'll have to pick up a bit appropriate for the task.

I'll definitely try to snap some photos during my next practice or sometime when I have it set up.

13. dhdh002.jpg

I'd kill for some tubes on top

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  14. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    [​IMG]
    By georgestrings, shot with ViviCam at 2009-05-09

XDR-95 wireless
    DTR-2000 tuner
    GBE 600
    Mesa Powerhouse 610

My rehearsal rig is a 700rb-II with the SVT410-HLF in the picture, or a Traynor TS-115 loaded with an Eminence Kappa-15LFA...

- georgestrings

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  15. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    4X12s can really crank!!

16. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    [​IMG]

I love this rig.

I don't use the Alesis compressor anymore. it still sits in the rack, though. I have a Punch Factory that sounds better to me.

The thing under the rack is an Auralex Gramma. It normally goes under the cab.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  17. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    I see a lot of Markbass, they must kick butt.

I see they got rig of the year in BP mag.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I have an LMII too, and it kicks ass. But I'm back on the tubes, so as good as the LMII is, it's a backup to this:

[​IMG]

these:

[​IMG]

but most of the time, it's this 69 SVT with an 810 from 73 (sorry, no pics of the cab):

[​IMG]

What do I like about them? DUH!!!

What would I change? Nothing, though I wouldn't mind another V4B for those gigs where the SVT is too much but the B-15's aren't enough.

floridagatorfan and jazzbass_5 like this.
  19. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    l_d74bc9e8bfbb4d5ebd9ff6abebe01fb0.png

:bassist:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021