Your ideal bass would be....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleafan, Sep 1, 2000.

1. to help one another lets have a little servay whats your ideal bass. please say what style you use

2. My ideal bass and playing style...

Two words... Rachel, profile :)

Derek Power
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I play a mix of Les Claypool Influenced whack and hard rock. I want what I have. It's not the quality or the *exact* look I want but it has the features. Ibanez GSR200, Jewel Blue

It has (as would my ideal bass) a fast, slim single peice bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, P+J pickups, simple controls (one volume per pickup and a master tone), a smallish headstock, a slightly smallish body, that is medium heavy (I like a little wieght, makes me feel safer with the intrument), and it is four strings. Four does it for me. No pickgaurd, and a nice finish that doesn't show fingerprints, and a smallish fret spacing (faster playing, and easier on the songs that rally stretch you) and 22 frets. I could get a higher quality bass, but I have yet to see one that feels just right like that one does. Call me strange, but that's it.

Maybe a five later on...

Ideal? I dunno, maybe another Ibanez. I just like 'em, maybe the SR990 quilted sapele (That is sooo cool looking! It's in Musicians Friend) or the SR810.
  4. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    My ideal bass is a Fender Jazz Bass. It's perfect for the styles that I play (ska and jazz). My bass is a rip-off of a Fender Jazz. It's sparkling dark blue with a pearloid pickguard and two J-style pickups. BTW, one thing that I've noticed about my bass is that there is very little hum when on single coil mode as opposed to other J style basses.
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Well, if no one will indulge in excess...

Warwick streamer stage I, 6 strings, custom made long scale (35"), LED inlays, piezo bridge, gloss finish, Bartolini Pickups, gold satin hardware, and a flight case.

:: drooling on keyboard ::
  6. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Actually, I'd make myself a custom electric upright. Completely custom. From the fingerboard to the pickups. All custom designed and built. Assuming I had the skills for that, of course. Which I don't. I just think it would be cool to have someone ask "What kind of bass is that?" and say, "Oh, it's nothing really... I made it myself."

And as for EUB... well, I'm an upright player in soul. And I actually do play upright, as well. I wish I could have my own. =/