Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your ideal bass would be....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleafan, Sep 1, 2000.

1. to help one another lets have a little servay whats your ideal bass. please say what style you use

chow

2. My ideal bass and playing style...

Two words... Rachel, profile :)

Derek Power

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I play a mix of Les Claypool Influenced whack and hard rock. I want what I have. It's not the quality or the *exact* look I want but it has the features. Ibanez GSR200, Jewel Blue

It has (as would my ideal bass) a fast, slim single peice bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, P+J pickups, simple controls (one volume per pickup and a master tone), a smallish headstock, a slightly smallish body, that is medium heavy (I like a little wieght, makes me feel safer with the intrument), and it is four strings. Four does it for me. No pickgaurd, and a nice finish that doesn't show fingerprints, and a smallish fret spacing (faster playing, and easier on the songs that rally stretch you) and 22 frets. I could get a higher quality bass, but I have yet to see one that feels just right like that one does. Call me strange, but that's it.

Maybe a five later on...

Ideal? I dunno, maybe another Ibanez. I just like 'em, maybe the SR990 quilted sapele (That is sooo cool looking! It's in Musicians Friend) or the SR810.

4. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    My ideal bass is a Fender Jazz Bass. It's perfect for the styles that I play (ska and jazz). My bass is a rip-off of a Fender Jazz. It's sparkling dark blue with a pearloid pickguard and two J-style pickups. BTW, one thing that I've noticed about my bass is that there is very little hum when on single coil mode as opposed to other J style basses.

5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Well, if no one will indulge in excess...

Warwick streamer stage I, 6 strings, custom made long scale (35"), LED inlays, piezo bridge, gloss finish, Bartolini Pickups, gold satin hardware, and a flight case.

:: drooling on keyboard ::

6. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Actually, I'd make myself a custom electric upright. Completely custom. From the fingerboard to the pickups. All custom designed and built. Assuming I had the skills for that, of course. Which I don't. I just think it would be cool to have someone ask "What kind of bass is that?" and say, "Oh, it's nothing really... I made it myself."

And as for EUB... well, I'm an upright player in soul. And I actually do play upright, as well. I wish I could have my own. =/