Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your Last Traffic Ticket: When?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Feb 4, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Along the lines of 5-StringDna's dissapointment about the DMV and penalties.
    How good of drivers are us TalkBassers?

My last ticket was for speeding in 1989. Bloomfield Hills Mich. in a 1982 Volvo Wagon.

2. I had an accident, June 1991. Ticketed for something or other. Went to court and it was dismissed.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    maybe 1995?

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    In the spring of 1999 I got a written citation for rolling through a stop sign, but I have yet to get a ticket for moving violations (knock on wood).

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Never.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Never - what's the hurry!!

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Never.

9. Never had one yet..But I have been ticketed for other stuff like not wearing a seatbelt. I got a ticket once for riding my bicycle on the sidewalk , The San Diego Harbor police are real turds..

Fetch!

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    1985. Age 16. My lesson was learned quickly. I just got into too much of a hurry for that movie date.

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Never- been driving 12 years.

12. Only been driving 5 years, but never had one.

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Been driving since 1977. I've only received speeding tickets (almost always on highways, never on residential streets). For a long time I spaced them out every 3 years, but it's been over a decade since I've gotten a single one (knock knock).

14. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I "allow" myself one speeding ticket per year. In Texas one can have two tickets in a two-year window without insurance premiums rising. One per year can be dismissed by taking a driver safety course.

I think it's been over two years since my last one at this point. Never had an accident that was my fault, or any non-speed violations except one while riding a bicycle. :rolleyes:

I've driven over 50k miles per year in each of the past five years.

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    about 6 months ago... for skipping a "red light" (but it was full yellow :mad: )

16. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Personal, unfortunately. I got smart awhile back and picked up a semi-disposable '93 Ford Ranger for the 160 mile per day commute, that doubles as equipment hauler, and have a little convertible (Toyota MR2 Spyder) for the weekends.

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The last "moving violation" as posted above was for driving fast on curvy roads. For an old Volvo, it handled the curves very well. I was coming home from a disastarous date in 1989.

I'll push my luck on the freeways, if there's not too much traffic. But NEVER in a residential area.

Other people have kids too.

18. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    November, I think it was-maybe late October-of last year. 57 in a 45. Kinda stupid, but an emergency came up and I was passing someone on the way to the hospital.
    My only other one was October of 2000. That one was thrown out because the judge ruled that I was not breaking the law and the officer was abusing his power. He was suspended from the force! :D

19. Where I live they give you a bit of window (usually 9-14 km/h) before you can get ticketed by photo radar. I never go beyond this so I have never had a speeding ticket. I did get a parking ticket once though, the lucky guy caught me parking for 2 1/2 hours in a 2 hour zone.

20. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    2002: 84 in a 55. DOH!

The judge dropped it to 64 in a 55. $130 and 1 point.