Your musical dream?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    What is your ultimate dream related to music?

I'm not talking jamming with anyone, or that stuff. And no one dead is allowed to be involved.

I want to have a live DVD. Seeing the Dave Matthews DVD at Central Park made me realize that.
    Also, I want to be playing an original and drop the band down, and hear the audience singing the song.

That would be incredible.

-Mark

2. I want to play to an audience of thousands and hear them singing every word to my band's songs. And here them scream when I do a bass solo...and have bra's and panties thrown at me, that would be pretty cool.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Making a nice living playing my tunes. Everything else is just icing.

4. Hmmmm... those are all very good dreams/ideas.

I'd say to be able to write, notate, arrange and record some great tunes that would generate royalties not only for me the rest of my life, but for another two generations, as a living legacy and gift to my 'downline' after I'm gone. Like Sinatra, Beatles, Elvis etc.

5. +1

i think it would be absolutely golden to have a song on pop radio that no one knew who played bass...(except me, of course)

...finally put real music into pop :)

6. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    +2

7. I think Hendrix put it best, I just want people to listen to my music after I'm gone.

8. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I want to live on the road and not be a bum. I want a decent vehicle to get my bandmates around in and sleep in comfortably. And I want to do it until I'm too old.

9. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    +3 but I 'd also ike to make enough to bring my wife and 3 kids with me. We'd have a tutor of course. How cool would it be to grow up around slammin music on the road and still get a good 1 on1 education.........

10. Be a successful musician while residing in Japan.

11. Jon Simonoff

Jon Simonoff

May 13, 2006
    Maine
    Deliver enough pizzas to support my music career.

12. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Im 15 and already doing a million activities playing bass ( Pit orchestra for plays , jazz band , concert band , drumline) so I want to get doing activities , get my name out there and eventually become a top session guy like Pino or Will Lee who gets tons of calls for all different kind of gigs and different genres. Then maybe id like to play with a top artist who plays music I like , somone like Herbie Hancock .

13. you better start standing in front of the guitarist or singer then.

14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Realistic and obtainable dreams:

I want to be able to play bass in bands for many years to come. I'm not looking for fame and fortune, I'm too old and not good enough. I just want to steadily improve my skills and keep myself satisfied. I want to one day be able to step into any local / amateur band and be able to fill the role of bass player, and maybe even impress the guys in the band. I want to play some gigs, and maybe if I'm really lucky play in a small to medium sized theater opening for a somewhat "known" band.

:)

Over the top rock and roll fantasy:

I want make a record that goes platinum, tour the world, play in sports arenas, develop a narcotics dependency and snort cocaine off of the butt of an under aged supermodel, take my pick out of the horde of ever-present and ever-willing groupies, wreck a very expensive exotic sports car in a foreign country (while drunk) and walk away, wear leather pants, play a sold out show drunk and sound bad but get cheers anyway, smash a bass guitar and knock every speaker out of an Ampeg 8x10 cabinet then go back to a hotel, get even drunker and smash up the hotel room.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's funny, my musical dream has nothing to do with rockstardom. I've stopped making music for other people... I need to dig it before anyone else does.

My dream: Locked in a studio with EVERY POSSIBLE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT EVER! I'm allowed contact with the outside world, and have a list of guest musicians I can contact. But for 2 years... only studio time. No TV, No Internet, just music/food/sleep... and probably mind altering drugs to make me more creative... ;)

But spend 2 years in an ultimate studio, and be able to produce my own solo material. My musical dream. The end result would be hated by almost everyone but me. But I would have about 5 CDS (NO, I'd want it pressed to vinyl) worth of tunes FOR MATT TILL. With crazy trippy artwork.

16. my only dream right now would be to be known as a good bass player. I would also like one day for someone to come up to me and tell me that i got them into bass :) that would be very cool :)

but i would love to see a review of my band in a newspaper or something and read about the fantastic bass player in that band :)

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Easy there Keith Moon.

-Mark

18. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    1) finish writing and recording my solo CD.
    2) get it up on cdbaby or the like.
    3) start working on the next one!

If I sell a copy or two, great!

Quite different from ten or fifteen years ago, when I wanted to be in a signed, successful band in the traditional sense. The growth of the internet and the advances in affordable recording technology has changed just about everything for me.

19. two gigs a week.

20. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Get a gig.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021