Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your opinion!!! --> Hughes and Kettner bassforce xxl

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pete_the_beat, Mar 21, 2003.

1. I have found a Bassforce XXL 300 Watt and Regular 410 H from Hughes Kettner. Is this a good amp and a good cabinet.
    I'm considering buying it.
    Does anyone have an opinion on this amp and cab.

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    i have a b410h. im more than happy with the pounding it puts out. the tone is excellent and its very responsive. its heavy but not *that* heavy, its probably at par with most 410's. as for the amp i dunno ive never played one.

3. Hi.

I own a BassBase 600 with the 410 cabinet. The cabinet is a bit heavy, but that's what you can expect from a 600watt 4x10. I mainly use it in the studio and always got a great sound miking it. Sometimes we ran it with a tube amp(Fender, Ampeg) and the soundman was always pleased. I never had any problems on a gig with it.
    You can also adjust the power of the tweeter. The cabinet features only neutrik speakons.

Hughes and Kettner has great consumer support. I have contacted them with all questions possible, and they were always friendly and helpfull.

Hope this helps.

Jure

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

BassFOrce combos sound way better than bassbase heads, in my opinion.
    They are simply lovely.

5. XhangBhat

XhangBhat

Jul 5, 2011
    I have one .... its fantastic .. I've owned all sorts of amps.. GK, Marshall, Wasp, TE ... this one is my favourite. It roars