1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

your opinion on iPod app-based amp sims?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I've decided to ask for iRig for the holidays. I was wondering what iPod app you like best for bass? I like to play with fuzz and clean, and I like to monkey with effects for fun. It would also be nice to be able to record clips if I happen to write something inspiring, and the ability to play along with mp3s on my iPod would be cool too. Oh- and free is best! I don't mind springing a couple bucks for extra effects pedals or something though.

So far I'm looking at iRig recorder, Amplitube, AmpKit and PocketAmp. All are free.

2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I use PocketGK. Approximates the GK sound well enough. Good tone and drive control, but there are no effects. It has nice pitch and speed control of music as well as looping capability. I use it primarily to practice with headphones.

3. Jinro

Jinro

Oct 9, 2011
    West TN
    I use Amplitube and found that it is actually quite decent at recording....but playing for practice works best with headphones.

I tried PocketGK and for some reason it was incredibly noisy on my iPhone. Amplitube has 3 slots for effects and I just use the noise filter to eliminate what little noise was there with the Amplitube/iRig setup. Couldn't find any way to get rid of the noise with the PocketGK.