Your opinion on stickers...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Jun 7, 2001.

1. I was just wondering whether you put stickers on your basses/guitars. I've put some of my favourite band stickers on my bass, and my Godsmack one looks awesome in between my P and J pickups, under my strings.

The stickers I am using are those laminated paper ones with glue on the back. I put one on that I didn't like, pulled it off and no marks were left, which is cool. I wouldn't put the things on a really nice topwood, like quilt maple or something, but they brighten up my poplar bass:D
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Apparently you can put them on double basses! :D
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Nonononono, stickers are for cases! Well, perhaps except for something small with very special meaning.
  4. i'm for stickers on the bass, but i think stickers from other bands on your bass are KoRny if you are in a band. Something nuetral like a pentagram is fine, but if your at a gig and jammin with a weezer sticker or whtaever on your bass, it seems as though your not taking it seriously. would Ryknow or Fieldy put a mettalica sticker on thier bass?
  5. did you see the chick featured in BP a while ago who had a double bass with sexy little pixies painted sitting on the f-holes? looked damn good.
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, with the new woodshedding articles by Goth Barbie.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I see nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't, but I have. :)
  8. Quality never dies. :D
  9. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I taped some pictures [scanned copies] on my bass-left them on for bout a week-took them off didn't really think it fit the image or look right. No marks were left. I think stickers work for some but not for others. Also i think it depends on the style of bass case to whether or not to cover it with stickers e..g a black molded sure-a tweed fender no. [btw dad bought me a fender tweed case for my jazz for birthday.] thats all
  10. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have officially now heard it all.
  11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  12. Stickers are good for an amp. Theyre good on a guitar. On a bass, I dont think so. The only exception I can think of is if theres a theme. Like, my Pbass is bright green, with a John Deere sticker on it. I have flannel shirts and John Deere hat. So Im like the punk farmer. I think.
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...they look ok, but only on a flat finish (i.e. Fender). I think they look absolutly horrible on anything with any sort of shiney, glossy finish. Or wood grains. Stickers on wood? Baaaaadddd...But, on a popular, matte finished bass, they look ok. I have two friends that have done that, and they look pretty good. I would never put a sticker on any of the basses I would consider "good" but, maybe if I had one I wanted to beat around the house with, or use for a specific purpose at a gig...but other than that...I think that selectively, stickers are ok...
  14. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    I save stickers for the bass case. I guess the theme that I have is not really even a theme. I just put random stickers that I get free from places. Especially the navy and marine stickers I get free from school! :D The only case that I would put stickers on my bass is if it was just a backup bass that's I don't use often. Then it would be a masterpiece of stickers and such. Other then that, I don't really bother with stickers on my bass.
  15. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    stickers are ONLY for punk bassists
    i have neva(in my 2 years of plaing and 14 years of life) NEVA NEVA seen stickers on any other basses apart from punk dudes
    so yeah
    thats what i think neway
  16. kurt cobain wasnt punk. he had stickers on his guitars.

flea isnt a punk bassist. he's got a bumper sticker on one of his modulus'. he used it at teh Emp concert.
  17. Yeah, and both the guitarists and bassist from Slayer have stickers on their instruments.
  18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    NEVA say NEVA!
  19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah if you're 14 - but most people grow out of it! I mean I remember being 14 and thinking it was "immature" when girls did this to their pencil cases or lunchboxes - but at least it was a phase they grew out of very quickly :rolleyes:
  20. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    IMHO it's a matter of taste, my guitarist and I both ride mountain bikes and while I have tastefully applied a select few stickers from clothes companies and such, only a few, he has put every sticker that he gets from mountain bike mags and such onto his bike making it look IMHO cheap and tacky when in fact it is a £600 frame. He has also done the same with his guitar by putting bike stickers on it. If I had new pickups or whatever and they came with a sticker I might discreetly put it somewhere out of the way, maybe by the bridge, only if it was small though, and only if it is related to my bass in some way, and only if it doesn't make it look tacky. I think guitarists are just tacky, cheap people :) BTW this is only MY opinion.