Your opinion on these two warwicks.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mad_world, Dec 8, 2002.

1. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Ok, so it's christmas time again and trying to decide which bass to ask for. I've found two i've liked for a while which are the warwick bo thumb and the warwick masterman. There basically both in 100 dollars of a differnt price range of each other.

I've tried both of them out and they both have really nice sounds. The thumb i have to is a little heavy on the neck and has the neck dive, i figure i could used to it though.
    If it was you which one would you get?
  2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I would go with the Thumb BO. I think they are very underated in their sound. Ovangkol sounds very good to me. I have a Dolphin with the Ovangkol and I think that it has one of the best tones I've heard. If you can find a Thumb with the Wenge neck that would be the best.
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    9 times out of 10 you don't get used to the neckdive.

i'd go with the masterman.
  4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    listen to jason.. he's a huge fan of warwicks and owned a Thumb bass. He currently has a Streamer Stage II 5 bass but he owned the Thumb bass long enough to know what he's been talking about.. I would go with the masterman as well

Good luck

5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

actually...i own another thumb again. this time a bolt on sixer fretless. while the bolt on body is a little bigger and alleviates the stretching problem i had with my NT, it's still not a pleasant bass to wear for over a half hour. i'm gonna get hipshot ultralights for it ($$$ :( ) and if that doesn't work, it's gone. too bad too, cos it sounds freaking awesome.
  6. I would go with the Pedulla Rapture!!!:D
    I took my Corvette yesterday and it was very difficult to play after some days spent on the Pedulla.
    Everybody should try a Pedulla once!:rolleyes:
  7. mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    So you say i should go with the masterman? The important thing to me right now is how it sounds.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    AllodoX said he played one with Ultralites and some weights attached inside the control cavity, and it blanaced fine. I think that if you got Ulralights, moved that bridge strap button, and maybe dropped a weight of some sort in the control cavity, you'd be in buisness.
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    and i didn't bid on that auction because i was being a

i dig my thumbs...i'm on my fourth. i'm a big fat burly strong guy, so the dive is of no consequence hee hee
  10. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'll let you know if i decide to move it. i still REALLY REALLY like it, but i'm only 5'10" 130 lbs :oops: