Your opinion wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RichardVaughn, Jun 6, 2001.

1. RichardVaughn

Jun 6, 2001
    Hello everyone,

I was just curious as to what your thoughts were on the Fender Deluxe P-Bass. I really like the pickup setup, giving me all the options it does. Do you feel that this is a good worthy bass? Or should I look into something else. Thanks for the help.

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Man all i used to play was fender till i started to explore the options out there! I now play warwick and just order me a new custom bolt on usa spector@! If you really like the looks and feel of a fender wich i dont anymore id try a g@l! Same people making them same feel but twice the bass if you ask me! Maybe even a lakland or a musicman would make a good one for you as well! That is if you are into the whole fender feel!
  3. RichardVaughn

Jun 6, 2001
    Well I only have around 500 a little under to spend, so I'm trying to get the best bass for the money.
    I like the feel of the fender and i like the way they play, so I guess I just kinda sway toward them. Also, is there any major playing differences between the Fender Deluxe Special and the Squier Deluxe Special?

4. there's a fender deluxe P at my local GC, and i love playing with it, i find it more versatile than the deluxe J, ballsier and more rockin'. of course, this is the american version, so YMMV with the mexi, but i think they have the same electronics.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Really nice bass. One of the beat Fender's in the line. Befor you buy, I'd try as many basses as you can.

Euro Spectors
    G&L L-2000 & Asat
    Music Man's

Good luck.
  6. I had a Deluxe P Bass that I purchased with "inadequate trying out". I never could get a nice soft, warm, round, pleasing tone out of it. I tried everything and it was always hard and twangy. I gave up and while it was still "new", traded it for the American Standard Made In USA Fender P Bass.......which sounds just right.