Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your opinion wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RichardVaughn, Jun 6, 2001.

1. RichardVaughn

RichardVaughn

Jun 6, 2001
    Hello everyone,

I was just curious as to what your thoughts were on the Fender Deluxe P-Bass. I really like the pickup setup, giving me all the options it does. Do you feel that this is a good worthy bass? Or should I look into something else. Thanks for the help.

Rich

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man all i used to play was fender till i started to explore the options out there! I now play warwick and just order me a new custom bolt on usa spector@! If you really like the looks and feel of a fender wich i dont anymore id try a g@l! Same people making them same feel but twice the bass if you ask me! Maybe even a lakland or a musicman would make a good one for you as well! That is if you are into the whole fender feel!

3. RichardVaughn

RichardVaughn

Jun 6, 2001
    Well I only have around 500 a little under to spend, so I'm trying to get the best bass for the money.
    I like the feel of the fender and i like the way they play, so I guess I just kinda sway toward them. Also, is there any major playing differences between the Fender Deluxe Special and the Squier Deluxe Special?
    Thanks

Rich

4. there's a fender deluxe P at my local GC, and i love playing with it, i find it more versatile than the deluxe J, ballsier and more rockin'. of course, this is the american version, so YMMV with the mexi, but i think they have the same electronics.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Really nice bass. One of the beat Fender's in the line. Befor you buy, I'd try as many basses as you can.

Euro Spectors
    G&L L-2000 & Asat
    Music Man's
    Warwick's

Good luck.

6. I had a Deluxe P Bass that I purchased with "inadequate trying out". I never could get a nice soft, warm, round, pleasing tone out of it. I tried everything and it was always hard and twangy. I gave up and while it was still "new", traded it for the American Standard Made In USA Fender P Bass.......which sounds just right.