Your Opinion!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Little_Idiot, Sep 4, 2000.

1. Little_Idiot

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey dudes, there is one question I have for you!!!!
    What are your impressions about the Ibanez Erodyne Series??
    I'm planning to buy one and alresdy played one in store, but what do you think about that bass???
  2. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm a true blue Fender fan, through and through...but the Ergodyne is actually one of the few other instruments I've actually considered buying...don't know why, just have liked the feel and sound...maybe because they're so "un-Fender-like"...

But what do I matter?

You like it? Get it and play it...:)

3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, I played one of those contoured body ergodynes...slapper model, I think it's called...when I strapped it on, it felt like a big 'ol alien version of my thumb bass, except lighter...and it sounded wack, too...I played it through an SWR henry the 8x8. I loved it. Awesome slap tone...if they had a six string version, I'd buy one...
  4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I've heard from many people that the Ergodyne is the worst line up in the Ibanez series.. well that all depends on the player.. I heard they don't last and they have a really really weak neck. that is from what i hear :)

WOOHOOO THIS IS MY 100Th Post! :D
  5. I love the Ergodyne series. Me, being a proud owner of the EDB600, am proud to say they are one of the best basses I've played and almost everyone who's touched it has fallen in love with it! but if it doesn't fit you, don't get it! find what fits you, not what fits other ppl!

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

(my impression;))
  7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Just dont get an Ergodyne EDB400
    Get any EDC series, as they allow you to play better, I mean, they have a slap countour and a lot better sound.

BTW, I have something similar. A Cort Curbow 6 String bass , it is made of Luthite too!!
    Check it out or buy one at
    The web page says that the 6 string has a Mightymite pickup, but it really comes with Bartolinis. (Just mentioning it if you want a 6 string bass)
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    the ergodynes are a very cool looking, easy playing and good sounding bass. I like them. But I dont think Id buy a guitar made of Luthite. Im really old fashioned about stuff like that. I like my basses to be made of good ol fashioned wood. But if you like them get one. I prefer Fender though.
  9. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Other than looks (which are subjective), the bass is feature packed and sounds good for the money. I'd say take a chance. But we still don't know what the life of luthite is (does it deplete over the years or is it forever consistent?), so you may be risking things, but I'm going off in a tangent. They are good now, you want one now, so go hog wild.
  10. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    You beat me to it Brad, but ....

Whackita, whackita, phooomchick, thumpita, whackita, boom.

That was MY impression. :D

My drummer has an Ergodyne in his studio, I picked it up once and tried it for a bit then I put it back down. Not my cup-o-tea.