Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

your opinion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rickycootee, Oct 30, 2002.

1. rickycootee

rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    What do you guys think about and ampeg b2r head and a avatar 4X10 cab used together? Do you think this is a good combination for the money? Do any of you guys own this combination? Thanks for your help in advance.>>Brian

2. rickycootee

rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    come on guys I know someone has to have this setup or something close

3. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a winner to me, Brian.

I'm currently running the B2R through an Ampeg 15. Was gonna go with a 4x10, but ran across a great deal on the 15. I'll probably get a 2x10 or 4x10 to top it off when cash permits.

I've never used Avatar gear personally, but I've heard lots of good things about 'em.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with that setup for the cash, as long as it's pleasing to YOUR ears. Reliability shouldn't be an issue.

4. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a winner to me, Brian.

I'm currently running the B2R through an Ampeg 15. Was gonna go with a 4x10, but ran across a great deal on the 15. I'll probably get a 2x10 or 4x10 to top it off when cash permits.

I've never used Avatar gear personally, but I've heard lots of good things about 'em.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with that setup for the cash, as long as it's pleasing to YOUR ears. Reliability shouldn't be an issue.

5. rickycootee

rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    Thanks for your reply Mike...I had heard both good and bad things about the B2r and was wondering if anyone had experience with it personally...anyone else Is this head enough watts? do you think it would be underpowering the cab? Sorry about all the questions but thank you for your help.