Your opinions on the Schroeder mega thread: Is it getting too big?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ostinato, Feb 14, 2005.

1. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    So I'm wondering... how many of you actually subscribe to the mega-thread?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I did so I could keep reading more reviews from more long standing TBers. I think it was SMASH's review I was looking forward to most since he was a strong skeptic at first.

3. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Yeah, that was one of the ones that put me over the top, too.

I haven't seen much on the Mini's yet, though. I'm going to order one soon.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Give it a few more months... ;)

5. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    It's great. I consider myself a "gear head" but I hadn't even heard of his cabs. Now, I plan on placing an order in the next few weeks. Furthermore, I was in GC the other night, talked to another bass player from a band we'd played with before, and found out he has a Scheoder already on order! Guess where he heard about it? Pretty amazing if you ask me, especially considering I was going to get a Bergantino and he was going to get an Ampeg 810. The Schreoder fits the bill for both of us!

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Who's going to start the mega-thread about THIS mega-thread? :eek:

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I have read every post in it. I read it twice before I bought my 1210, and have read it once since, plus I am subscribed so that I get all of the new posts.

8. jobu3

jobu3 ¿Huevos?!

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I figured it was a flash in the pan thing in the beginning. I wasn't really too interested at first and then when I saw which TB'ers were jumping on board and what cabs they were getting rid of afterwards, I figured I'd give it a try... In the end, I bought a second-hand 1210 off of someone who had two.

I still don't say a lot about it because I don't want to seem like a tooter of Brian Barrett's horn considering how vocal I am about my Benaventes and didn't want people to think I'm unfairly biased, but he really found a jem with Jorg and his cabs. I must say I've been converted and haven't thought about looking back and I've owned it all.

Some local friends (who happen to be in retail) were also very interested to hear it and when one of them finally did, he was very impressed.

Is the thread too big? No. Not unless you are some other cabinet manufacturer who feels threatened because their cabs are turning up on the used scene more and more. :ninja: :cool:

9. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    My 21012 should be here soon.

10. :bassist:

I do think this one should close myself.... but the mega thread to discuss the value of an other mega thread is to silly to stop :p

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It's too big. I unsubscribed from it ages ago. Think of it this way. Someone comes to TB to see what they can find about these cabs. There's only one thread, and it's a thousand pages long. Will they bother with it? Some will but most won't.

12. AlembicBob

AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    So, the right thing to do, then, would be to close the mega-thread and open a new mega-thread-to-be, starting with a summary of the original?

13. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999

I think if your going to lay out the cash for the cab, you wouldn't mind having that much info/opinions :cool:

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I avoided the Schroeder mega-thread for months. The day I spent two hours reading the whole thing I ended up driving to the Atlanta Bass Gallery and getting a 1210. Talk about instant gratification....

The thread is dangerous. SMASH's comments in particular were annoyingly persuasive. :rollno: :D

15. IvanMike

IvanMike TTRPG enthusiast, Happy, Joyous, & Free. Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    that's why i've been trying to merge some of the older threads on various topics. they get buried, and many of them cover the same topics from different angles. putting them all together gives the adventuresome reader quite a ride. ;)

16. jja412

jja412 Tired. Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Read them all...subscribed to read more...

Thought it was great to read the first few posts, the skepticism, and then the floodgates of enthusiasm,. My own little gearhead soap opera. I'm a nerd... :smug:

17. I get a "warm and fuzzy" every email alert of a post because SMASH started that thread the day after I got my 1210!

I've reread pages of it at a time quite a few times. I just wish I could continue to voice my opinions on them.... after getting blown away by some prototypes, I hounded Jorg to let me build him a site :bassist:

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    FWIW, I haven't got past the scepticism yet. I got a little beat up in that thread because by asking for specs, and being prepared to wait for them, I was somehow being unreasonable?

Did those specs ever arrive?

19. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    The specs are up on the web-site, but not for the newer models yet.

20. AlembicBob

AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    The only specs I have seen up there are the numbers for individual 10" and 12" speakers, but not for the complete cabs as configured. Did I miss something?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021