Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

your own basslines

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Cossiemon, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Cossiemon

Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi,

I'm just wondering do anyone of you write down any basslines that you come up with? If i'm just messing around with my bass and i come up with something i like, i always write down what it was i played.

Just wondering...:)

2. i didn't used to write down basslines I came up with simply because I was lazy. But, after forgetting many a nice sounding line, I either write it out or plug into my computer and record it.

3. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I do all the time. :) Especially because I have a bad memory and if something great pops into my mind I'll be hitting myself later if I don't write it down. I have a notebook specifically for little basslines that come to mind.

I also try recording some of these lines as well.

4. I prefer recording it somehow, usually into my computer, because I can never be bothered writing down the rhythm.

5. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I usually come up with basslines when I'm jamming with the rest of the band, and as always we play if for about 20 minutes before switching gears and creating something else. So it kinda gets stuck in my head for the next couple of days.