Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your own signiture bass and amp cab

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    If i could have my own signiture bass, it would be made by Carvin, based on the LB76 cos i love 6strings. a cool neck inlay in the traditionof John Myung would be nice....piezo pickups + two of those active humbuckers. 4 band eq onboard.

now for a preamp, two channels, like the mesa boogie m2000 but better, and actual tube channel + SS.

some sort of 2000 watt power amp

2x15 and 2x12+4x8 cab. like this

l ll l
    l ll 4x8 l
    l ll l
    l 2x15 ll l
    l ll 2x12 l
    l ll l

id bi amp the two cabs

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    sorry bout that sort of pic
    what it was was a 2x15 on the left
    and the 2x12+4x8

2x12 on bottom of cab, port in between, then the 4x8 on top

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Welcome to TalkBass! The "dream rig" theme has been batted around here before, but not for a while.

If you get the Carvin alnico humbuckers, you'd better like the sound of people with late stage emphysema sitting under aluminum trash cans.

My "signature" bass is in process at the luthier's.

As for an amp, a customized job from Time Electronics, based on Aguilar designs, would keep me from looking at catalogs for a while......especially since I'd be too busy smuggling white slaves into Third World countries so I could afford it.

4. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I would have two signature basses. The first would be a fretless jazz of extremely fine fit and finish, fretless, with the pickups wired in series to cancel hum. Standard passive electronics. The second bass would be a fretted 6 string. It would have 28 frets, two pickups and no electronics save a blend pot and an output jack. Single cutaway design, of course. 35" scale. 2" at the nut, full spacing at the bridge.

These basses would run into a volume pedal and an outboard preamp of some kind.

The rig would consist of a walter woods head of about 500-700 watts with an old ADA MB1 for effercts and reverb etc. THe bottom of my stack would be Bag End 18s run though the ELF processor. THe upper end of the stack would be Ephifani 10s or 12s. At least four, if not eight.

Or at least that is what my dream consists of today.

5. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    just gimme a Ric 4001, an Ampeg SVT with 8x10 cab, and someone to move the last two around for me.