1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your preferred promotion website

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by RJALEX, Nov 4, 2018.

1. RJALEX

RJALEX

Jul 13, 2018
    Dear friends,
    I hope this is not OT.
    My older kid is about to graduate from music school as a bass player.
    I'd love to make him a surprise and build for him a Wordpress website to promote his services, promote his music, display his live gigs, offer services (teaching etc) and maybe sell stuff (music, CDs, memorabilia etc.). Of course social integration is a must.
    Do you have a website structure that's you'd suggest to promote a budding musician?
    Do you have examples of websites you find particulary cool?
    Thank you very very much.

2. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    This might be a little off topic but a website, though nice to have, is less practical when you can pretty much do everything you mentioned with facebook at the start. Does he have a business card??! Those are practical.

3. RJALEX

RJALEX

Jul 13, 2018
    Hey thank you! Yes a cool business card is a great idea but I'd love it to point to his website too.
    I do understand your observation on FB but I deleted my account there many years ago and feel a lot more in control with knitting my own wordpress based site. I think he also has a FB page but that I'll let himself handle it.