your rig

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by tyburn, Jan 6, 2002.

1. i was on your site an noticed you head and cab choice. very nice,

this kind of setup is quite appealing to me at the moment as i'm not keen on huge power sapping heads and lots of cabs e.g 4x10 and 1x15 or 1x18

i love the size and weight not to mention the tone of the Euphonic Audio equipment range, and althogh it's comparable in price to a good head and a good 2x10, i'd prefer to have the EA stuff over anything bigger i've tried.

one thing i'm confused about though is why do some people, professionals included like having masses of cabs, and other like minimal rigs. i know it's personal choice, but is a smaller rig limiting??

i've not gigged in a big setting yet, my band are getting towards that stage, we're not particularly loud, but i'm concerned about practicalities of such small powerful rigs and setups.

is it a good idea to send a singal to the PAwhen needed, always when using your rig as onstage monitoring?
  2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Why people like huge rigs is beyond me. I use my set up as a stage monitor for larger venues and as a main rig for smaller. It has great sound and plenty of volume for smaller gigs. Adding a 2nd 1x12 also works great for medium gigs.

I like to HEAR what I am playing and still conserve my hearing for the rest of my life.

3. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    It seems this preference depends on the style of music one is playing. I am an intense enthusiastic EA user. My SWR 750 set flat with a Goliath III or two provide a different feel for some musics than my EA set up. Yet EA is amazing! Feels like a Porsche and my Mercedes SUV does things (like haul my gear PA and all) that the Porsche can't. That's a strange analogy.