1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your Signature Guitar...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 17, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you had a signature NON-BASS instrument, what would it be?

Mine would be:
    Alder bodied Telecasters, Strat forearm and Tummy cuts. Aged white binding, relic'ed finish. Bound neck, dot inlays on a slab rosewood fingerboard. Matching headstocks. Shallow V neck profile. Rio Grande Muy Grande pickups (Dirty Harry in bridge on Humbucker models -- Humbucker models feature a coil tap switch behind the bridge as well)

Available in Dakota Red, Lake Placid Blue, Black and Alpine White.

Baritone Scale necks also available (without body or neck binding)

[​IMG]

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    A natural colored Tele with a Strat neck and a maple board, tort p/g, Tele p'up in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge spot.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have 2. Either a danelectro Hodad, or my beat up strat. I'll post pics when I get home.

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

This one:

Frank-Zappa-Shut-Up-n-Play-Ye-30026.

5. Either a Les Paul or a(pick one)Explorer/Firebird/RD, but whichever one, it would have a nearly-flat, very wide fretboard, ala classical guitars(the only twang-box I can play:rolleyes: )& a bigsby tremolo. Maybe a baritone scale...

6. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Easy. Mahogany Ibanez RG series. Wizard neck (not the new one... circa '98 profile). Blank ebony fretboard. Fixed bridge. DiMarzio P.A.F Pro and Tone Zone. Piezos. Top shelf hardware.

Except for the neck through and ebony fingerboard, that's what I've got. Wonderful guitar....

[​IMG]

Can I have two sigs? The other would be a Jackson Kelly 7-string. Mahogany, maple neck, neck through, blueburst flame maple top, blank ebony board, TOM-style fixed bridge, and, of course, reverse headstock!

7. steve21

steve21 Banned

For when I feel the need to do insane solo-age. Has DiMarzio Tone Zone/Fast Track/Air Norton pickups, maple neck thru w/ mahagony body wings, Edge Pro trem, and everything else seen here.

CustomIbanezJEM-NuclearWar.

Because Stratocasters are necessary. Ash body w/ Cherryburst, maple neck with MOP trap inlays

[​IMG]

Preferably made by ESP instead of Gibson (but it woudl be thick like a Gibson). Would feature neck-thru maple neck, ebony board MOP blocks, mahagony wings with a THICK maple cap, EMG 81/60

[​IMG]

The Ultimate: Thin U shaped Maple Neck thru mahagony wings, quilt maple top (thick), see-thru black finish, black TonePros locking TOM, Black Sperzels, EMG 85/60 pickups, MOP blocks, maple board. Made by ESP Custom shop.

[​IMG]

8. Wow. How much more black could that be? And the answer is none, none more black. That better go to 11 as well;) Tasty stuff.

9. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    ES 335 body and pickups with a telecaster neck, though the headstock would be gibson style, otherwise it would look weird. I just like the flat slab tele necks.

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    It would look like this:

[​IMG]

-USACG swamp ash body (3.6lbs)
    -USACG neck, with brazilian rosewood board, clay dots all vintage construction and neck profile based upon about 30 different early to mid sixties teles.
    -Aged nitro with slight wear, color ice blue metallic.
    -all vintage hardware with mint pickguard
    -cloth wired, all components spec to highest quality
    -pickups: Seymour Duncan Broadcaster bridge/DiMarzio Twang King neck

It's pretty much spec to a 1964 telecaster, but a wolf in sheep's clothing...

11. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

dual pickup, the cherry (?) color from sometime around '65.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Alder bodied, maple fretboard Telecaster with a black finish, white pickguard, and a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece. Stock Fender pickups would be fine.

Either that, or just a stock MIA Strat with the same woods and finish.

OR OR OR... a Rickenbacker 360, Jetglo (Rickenbackerese for black), with an Ac'cent vibrato tailpiece.

13. I dunno, the idea of a sig doesn't excite me all that much; I'm pretty happy with the guitars I have. One is a Carvin HF2 Fatboy with Bill Lawrence PUs,

107_0793.

and the other is a Frankenmutt with a Warmoth PRS style body (before Paul threatened them and made them change it to the VIP), a 25.5" Carvin bolt-on neck, a Wilkie, and BL PUs.

Frankenmutt.

Personally, I'm kinda sick of Strats, Teles, and LPs (far more than I am of Ps and Js) and would never consider any of them for a signature guitar, or even to own (unless I had no real alternative).

14. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
  15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Right now it's gotta be my Taylor 355ce 12-string. I play that thing as much as I play my basses...but not as well.:rollno:

I want to build guitars and basses as well. My idea for a guitar looks a lot like the old Starfield Guitars Altair, but with a piezo Wilkinson trem, a pair of humbuckers and switches for coil splitting and taps.

My idea for a bass...remains secret until I post one here.

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If we're talking signature theremins, I'm talking about a black Etherwave with white and black pinstripes and gold plated antennae. LOL.

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    A white explorer with black binding, rosewood neck, gold hardware.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Mine would be a

Hollow Body Les Paul with 2 F Holes in GREENBURST !
    Swamp Ash Body
    Maple Neck with Ebony fingerboard Celtic inlay Black Hardware with massive 2 quadcoil humbuckers with coil tap.:bassist:

19. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005

now thats just showing off.:D

20. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'd have to go with a McPherson 4.5 with Adirondack top and old-growth Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard.