1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your SVT 3 Pro EQ Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by qball26, Oct 3, 2008.

1. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm using an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro through an Ampeg 810 with a Stingray 5, and I'm looking for advice on EQ settings.

I play rock, pop, dance, country rock, etc, all in one night, but I'm leaning more towards that classic rock tone.

Any EQ setting advice will be greatly appreciated.

PS...I didn't post this to start a debate weather the 3 Pro has enough balls to power an 810.

Thanks to all in advance.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

That's like asking me how much salt you should put on your food.

3. There is actually a thread of SVT 3 settings around somewhere.
    At risk of sounding like a douche- if you do a search youll find a few suggestions.

4. jimmyjammer

jimmyjammer

Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    Hey, I got an SVT3 and a Stingray, into a 4x10 cab... this is how I run-
    Bass- centred on all pots, maybe tweak here and there when playing
    Head as follows (depending on the sound of the room)- bright and low boost OUT/OFF gain 11 o'clock, bass 12, mid 12, mid select #1, treble 12, eq OUT/OFF (except for soloing, then boost a tad in the high mids, pushing the eq volume to 1 or 2), master 9 o'clock (or wherever it needs to be) tube gain 9 o'clock. This works ok for me BUT I also use my (not-so) secret weapon; a Sansamp tri-ac BDDI. This little baby rocks, I simply wouldn't be without it. If you don't have one, get one or it's cousin the Sansamp VT pedal (I think that is what it's called). Do a web search, there are pages/sites out there with demo sounds (bass played without, bass played with the Sansamp). It will be worth it.

Good luck