Your take on this guy? (vlog discussion)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, May 28, 2012.

1. So I know its not popular to discuss vlogs on talkbass OT, but lately I've been interested in sociological commentating along with general........Truthseeking (for lack of better word).

And then there's this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGeorgeJettison

has some interesting discussions; The actual foundations of America, the reason for religion, the "actual" story of Albert Einstein, etc.

Anyone find themselves in the same predicament where you can't help but listen because something about these days doesn't seem entirely right?

2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Ok, I watched about 1+1/2+1/2 of his videos.

Terrible.

He says things with no backing, and just says there is support for this somewhere...

He honestly reminds me of my uncle. My uncle is chock full of crazy theories. He is convinced the Amish are in cahoots with the taliban. All those shows on the Discovery channel with just the most bogus premises he pulls "information" from. This guy seems no different to me.

I'm sure he has found sources on the internet, so what? You can find anyone saying anything about anything on anything, it doesn't mean that has any basis on facts.

His general, "I know more than you." attitude is apparent in the way he says things like "anyone who actually looks into it can clearly tell" and such. This is one of the big draws of conspiracy theories as far as I can tell. An intellectual superiority.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    When he praised Alex Jones, one of the biggest conspiracy whack-a-doodles to ever be put in front of a microphone, I tuned out.

There are certain things that automatically trip my skepticism alarm: new agey stuff, remote viewing, cryptids, etc. Conspiracy theories are pretty high on my skepticism list. I don't deny that clandestine things do happen, but the people who think there is a vast NWO conspiracy or that the world is run by an elite society of satanists or every single logo or insignia is some secret masonry symbol need to get a grip on reality. We had a President who couldn't keep a blow job a secret, and there are still people who think that 9/11 was caused by our own government.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think every person knows somebody like this.

5. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    He also has some very vile theories on different groups of people that I won't be posting here.

6. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I disagree with every position he presented for, so I do have a bit of a bias that I did try and step past in reviewing his stuff.

He doesn't seem to back up much of his claims with factual information past the whole "anyone with half a brain could see that x is true." He also has the passion and charisma of wet toilet paper. He just seems like your typical "informed enough to be dangerous but not educated enough to be effective in conveying the issue" conspiracy theorist.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021