Your take on this

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, May 30, 2005.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    interesting. when was it made?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wow, that was pretty weird.

3. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Thanks for the URL.

Does anyone recall last year(sometime) the footage the Mexican government(?) released re: objects they picked up on sensors?

It wasn't regular light, I believe it was infrared?

I guess we aren't alone after all. :crying:
  4. If you're referring to the lights their Air Force saw:

The "rest of the story" is this, according to were flying further north than usual, and when they returned to base, they processed the film that they shoot during their training missions. It was only then that the "lights" were seen, on the photographs, but the tale grew (like a fish story) in the telling...until (as the story grew) the lights were chasing the planes, high ranking officials (that actually were nowhere near that part of the country) swore they saw the lights with their own eyes...etc, etc.

UFO debunkers plotted the aircraft's positions, then looked at possible sources. Eventually, the truth was that a string of offshore oil platforms was responsible for the lights. The debunkers took photos of the platforms from the position of the planes, and the lights corresponded exactly to the pictures the pilots had taken.

edited: Here's the link to the Skeptic story:
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Ping-pong ball!

(Oh, and when I first read your post I thought, "Whats an ufo?" I was reading it like a word.)
  6. Heh, neato torpedo. I will still believe there is an explanation however.
    I still wanna see some excellent vids of that craft land in Vegas they talk about. How old is this vid? Is it supposed to be this week, or next?
  7. I dont know how old this video is to be honest with you guys, and i really dont believe it but i dont have anything to base that on.

8. No worries. It still makes for light hearted entertaining conversation. :cool:
  9. Just found a bit more on this. It was done May 27th.

Second story.

Looks like we need some weapons boys. :crying:
  11. That was an interesting video, I'm interested in what will happen between June 1st and July 15th. Although I am almost positive that nothing will come of it, I will still check it out.
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    all i have to say... this is why i dont watch "news"

in title breaking "story" they had a nutcase and how to loose weight... BUT WAIT!!! day before they had ghost hunters... thats not news... its plain bs... whats tomorow? zombi sex adicts? pppssshhh worthless...

PS the way i explain that this story is BS... every one looks at that profit and goes "how did he do it" no one looks at news station and camara man and goes "how did he do it"

News my big fat crack...

13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    PS i am not one of those people who dont think there is something out there... just... news is BS
  14. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    news is news , it doesnt change .
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    acctually i noticed that "news" have nothing to do with news at all...
  16. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    That is pretty strange; I'm not sure what to make of it.

17. Wow.

American newsreaders sure are scary.