Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your thoughts about Axl Rose

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mike lead, Jan 16, 2004.

1. He Rules! He Represents the complete rockstar!

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. He is an A**hole!!!!

57 vote(s)
    85.1%
  3. Who is he??????????????

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Guns n´ Roses is one of my favs bands. Axl is super rockstar for me, and it gets me mad when everybody attaks him. I always say that if I ever won an important award, i`ll dedicate it to him.
    Cause he rules!!!!!!!!
    What do you think????

Peace, love and rocstar attitude for everyone!

Mike

2. I try not to think about him..... :ninja:

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

LOL, Josh! :D

How many years has Axl been working on his latest album? I can hardly wait, I'm sure it's going to be the greatest album ever made. :meh:

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    made me so sad the last time i heard him sing - he couldn't find pitch to save his arse. very, very disappointing....

5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    talentless arse.

next?

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    His voice is very.... unpleasant. The musicians in the band are great, I just don't much like the singing.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Not to beat on ya, but while G&R have a few rockin' riffs. They are few and far between though IMO.
    They trod ground that, I think bands like Aerosmith did better, with less appearance of effort, and to greater effect.

But, if they make you pick up an instrument and play, practice, try new things, then they are serving a higher purpose.

G&R did kick my behind in the earnings dept.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Lies and Appetite were cool. The Use Your Illusions were probably the last bit of hope. Remember when he fell off the stage and broke his leg and cancelled the rest of the tour?
    A rawkstar? Yes, he WAS.
    I still can't believe that Brain and Buckethead went and played with that guy.

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB

11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Missed an option: Who cares?

Sorry, man. I was never really impressed with them when they first hit the scene. Have no reason to care about him now that they have left the scene.

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    He was one of the greatest frontmen of his time (hell, he was one of the greatest frontmen of all time) and I consider Appetite For Destruction to be one of the greatest rock albums ever.

Unfortunately, Billy is also living proof that no matter how big you are, or how big you think you are, when you ***t on people, what you've been given can just as easily be taken away. I think he should give up on the big comeback, because it just isn't gonna happen and if you ask me, Axl's kidding himself by trying. Guns N' Roses was as much Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff as it was Axl.

13. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Guns 'n Roses COULD HAVE BEEN an enduring band like the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, the Eagles,or KISS still respected and still rocking way into their elder years, but, for what ever reason--they blew the opportunity and I suspect Axl Rose may have been a large part of the blame as to why they did not survive as a cohesive and productive unit.

I suspect, too, that what happened is that Axl Rose and his bandmates may have lived the sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle just a little too hard.

What I would love is for the original members to mature, rest and reflect and one day in the future reunite like the Eagles did and start having fruitful tours and fresh CDS again. That may never happen unfortunately.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    When I think of him, which isn't often, I think of him as a first-class major dork, one notch above or below David Lee Roth. I can't decide.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, but I think Dave knows this.

Axl still thinks he's a rock star.

16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    great music
    Bad guy

17. The poll speaks for itself.

18. My thoughts exactly....GnR started out with SO much promise....but lost it all...I like a lot of their old stuff....but their newer stuff downright stinks.....and the addition of "Buckethead" was completely horrendous...he's not 10% of the guitarist Slash was!

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ever listen to his solo work, or his stuff with Praxis? The league Slash is in has only heard of Bucketheads league in myths and legends.

Okay, that was a bit of hyperbole, but Buckethead is an amazingly talented guitarist.

20. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Axl Rose is an anagram for Oral Sex