Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Your thoughts on this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blecrone, Sep 29, 2003.

1. blecrone

blecrone

Sep 19, 2003
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I posted awhile back about needing some bass recommendations for my church. I have come up with a few used options, one of which is this:

Dean bass on ebay

Would appreciate thoughts on this one and perhaps on Dean basses in general. Don't know anything about them (or any bass for that matter - I'm a drummer!). This is local for me so I could actually go see it first. The starting bid seems promising. I'd be willing to spend a little more than I originally mentioned (I was wanting to stay under $200), but would be willing to spend a little more (maybe up to $400) if this is worth it. What is a fair price for this?

I've emailed the guy (or gal) to find out what model it is, etc.

2. blecrone

blecrone

Sep 19, 2003
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Based on the appearance. What do you think?

Edge 1?

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I wouldnt blow the whole $400 on it, less than 300 could do, but other than that it looks like an OK beginner bass. Heard not much bad about Deans in general, but i have not yet seen one - they are not available here.
    There are some people here who own or have owned Deans, they can help you more

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    No, the headstock is different and the colour, too, would be different (this is classic black, the first one is non-stained gloss-black).

Oh and almost forgot:
    WELCOME TO TALKBASS!!!