Your Tour Setup

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Wagner, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Wagner

Feb 27, 2002

i have read on your hootpage, that you are using effects on this tour. so i would like to know which ones you are using and in which way you connected them. do you use them in front of your amp or in its effects loop?

thanks again,

ps.: i hope to see the secondmen in europe soon!!!

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  3. Wagner

Feb 27, 2002
    thanks for the list, but here are some more questions to mike:

why didn´t you use the electro harmonix and rat pedals you used on the recording? are you satisfied with the pedals you used on the tour? are they reliable and were their sounds good?

thanks a lot,

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

I went from my bass to the pedal board and then from there to one channel of the compressor (it's stereo) and that went into the aguilar pramp which finally fed the qsc power amp.

thanks to adron for getting this list together (I edited it up a little):

'65 gibson eb-3 bass:
    lane poor mm pickup, zbs/bartolini z-440 pickup, bartolini onboard preamp (bs/md/tr), mid-select/pickup-select switches and a pickup balance control, badass bridge.

furman power distributor
    dbx 166 compressor
    aguilar db680 preamp
    qsc plx-3002 power amp

2x eden 410xlt (4x10" speakers each)

pedalboard (boss bcb-60):
    korg dt-10 tuner
    boss ph-3 phase shifter
    digitech bass synth wah
    boss odb-3 bass overdrive
    digitech bass driver
    boss cs-3 compression/sustainer

a picture of the pedal board here:

I didn't use the same pedals I used in the studio cuz of them being harder to put on the board and less easier to replace if they got "donated" on the road.

I have to admit I'm not that comfortable using effects but it's something I thought this piece could use and it allowed me to experiment some w/that stuff. it is distracting and I'd rather be only working the strings though - that's just me. the next record I'm make probably won't use them.

on bass, watt
  5. Wagner

Feb 27, 2002
    hi mike,

thanks for the details,

ralf :)