1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your Twins? You Really Wanna See Beyonce!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. Boo! Boo, Jay Z and Beyonce.

Boo! Hisssss...

3. nickbass79

nickbass79

Nov 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    It would tick me off even more if they don't apologize.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Wow. If that story's true then that's pretty sad. still, I'm always just a little leery about celebrity "hate" stories like this though I have to admit.
    We'll see what comes out of this. If it is actually true then someone has some 'splainin to do

5. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    While they're at it they should also apologize to their their new baby for naming it "Blue Ivy".

6. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Assuming the story is true, I can understand them wanting privacy, but they also need to understand that there is a really good chance that other people in the neonatal ward want to see their own little superstars, not Beyonce or her little girl. If privacy was that much of a concern, they have the means to have their child delivered in a private clinic or even at home.

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yeah, but it's not only privacy per say.. especially in regards to the children of celebrities there may be all sorts of whackos out there intending to do more than just gawk, who knows. I can understand their concern.
    But as popular and well-known as they are, they are still just private citizens and I don't think anyone has the right to just take over a section of hospital like that. They done messed up if this is true.
    Again, it would not surprise me though if this story's overblown. That seems to be the norm these days.

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    If that's true, my word...

9. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    The privacy issue should be a non-factor, since the NICU undoubtedly has its own security procedures that would keep out anyone other than parents and hospital staff. My twins were born 10 1/2 weeks premature and spent over five weeks in the NICU this past September/October. The neonatal nurses put two ID bracelets on my wrist in the delivery room that I was required to wear until the babies were released from the NICU more than a month later, and those ID bracelets were what gave me access to the NICU and to the Labor and Delivery wing of the hospital where it was located. Jay Z/Beyonce's security staff has no right to keep out anyone who is otherwise entitled to be there, and I doubt that there was any serious dispute over whether that father in fact had a right to be there.

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Simple solution. Jay Z should buy his own hospital just for future progeny and call it something fly like

Original OB-G(yn)-UNIT

11. The guy didn't think to call hospital security?? I'm fairly certain hospital security would have told the Goons to take a hike.

Peace,
    Greg

12. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Exactly. My daughter was rolled through the NICU and I was a wreck. She wasn't in there 10 minutes and I freaked out. I can't imagine how a father with premie twins would feel. If its true, poor guy.

13. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I call shenanigans. One of my friends in STL works at Barnes-Jewish's NICU and there is no way personal security would be able to pull that kind of stunt. The reason Ms. Silverman didn't hear about this was because it didn't happen; if it did then hospital security would have been all over it and kicked those guards out the instant they prevented another parent from entering.

14. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I hope you are right.

15. so because your friend told you about their protocol in a hospital in a different state means that it applies to all? sophistry.

I don't think it sounds fake. He's not asking for money, just an apology. Why would you make this up?

16. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Me, too!!! I don't see how the body guards could take over that section of the hospital with cooperation from security (if this is even possible).

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

17. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd prefer to call it "wishful thinking." I'd hate to think any ICU or NICU would allow private security to be above hospital security. Plus let's not forget that those wings typically have security cameras of their own and any competent security guard would have seen the problem and told the hired muscle to cut it out.

People make up all sorts of things all the time. Beyonce's child being born is a huge headline, perhaps this chap just wanted his 5 seconds.

18. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    If you're having natal problems I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but getting into a NICU ain't one.

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    perfect.

20. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Stolen from a friends facebook status:

"Congrats to Jay Z on his 100th problem!"