1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

your wal

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by casio, Apr 1, 2009.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Hey man!
    Ive searched and havent managed to find if you mention it anywhere. So I wanted to see what your oipinion was of the Wal basses you own? How much work comes their way, if any?
    I'm just wondering cause I tried one out for the first time a couple days ago!its a great bass, but I still don't get the godlyke treatment on the net sometimes, its still a bass!:D

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I love my Wals. I have a '79 Pro IIe and a '99 Mark I Shedua. Nice instruments. I sure can't use 'em for everything, they have a weirdly particular tone. They play great, though.

I wouldn't buy one used at the prices they are fetching now, though.

3. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    I can't dissagree with you more, man!
    awesome basses, but I can't see them fitting into everything, which just doesnt justify the expense...although if you still plan on doing the whole bass cleanup due to the ammount you have, keep me in mind!:D
    best,
    Tom