Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

your website's lessons

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by barroso, Nov 30, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm getting interested in funk. i have always been a modest bass player, i have always played rock'roll. i am 26 years old, i play for ten years but i focused my attention quite exclusively in the rock, punk style. as you can imagine i have a poor technique, i play fingerstyle and picking. i can read music and i trained my ear a lot on recordings. but in the last weeks i getting interested in techniques i have never studied. i'd like a lot to study my instrument and to improve my skills even outside of my band style. so i surfed the web looking for books and lessons. i have not the opportunity to make great and intensive studies with a teacher due to my university and mi work, but i'm really looking for a method that can introduce me to the slap and to the funk playing. i visited your website and took a look to your lessons. i studied your slap lesson and the chordal studies. so i started to be really curious about this approach that's for me is really unusual. i'd like to know if i can order the book, i live in italy. how many pages? is there a cd with the examples played? and i'd like to know if you can suggest me a good method for introducing me to the slap. thanks a lot for the attention!

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    What address is the web page?
    Thanks,

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I do ship the book world wide, although it does cost a bit more to ship it there ($15.00 US for the book and $6.00 US for shipping). It does not include a CD. It is full of theory and include TAB (much against my better judgement). With the release of my upcoming CD, "Big Droppins", I will be offering a bundled price, buy both and save a bit of money.

Unfortunately, I have never investigated good slap books, try checking at www.bassbooks.com they have a great selection

Mike