your website's lessons

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by barroso, Nov 30, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'm getting interested in funk. i have always been a modest bass player, i have always played rock'roll. i am 26 years old, i play for ten years but i focused my attention quite exclusively in the rock, punk style. as you can imagine i have a poor technique, i play fingerstyle and picking. i can read music and i trained my ear a lot on recordings. but in the last weeks i getting interested in techniques i have never studied. i'd like a lot to study my instrument and to improve my skills even outside of my band style. so i surfed the web looking for books and lessons. i have not the opportunity to make great and intensive studies with a teacher due to my university and mi work, but i'm really looking for a method that can introduce me to the slap and to the funk playing. i visited your website and took a look to your lessons. i studied your slap lesson and the chordal studies. so i started to be really curious about this approach that's for me is really unusual. i'd like to know if i can order the book, i live in italy. how many pages? is there a cd with the examples played? and i'd like to know if you can suggest me a good method for introducing me to the slap. thanks a lot for the attention!
  2. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    What address is the web page?
  3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I do ship the book world wide, although it does cost a bit more to ship it there ($15.00 US for the book and $6.00 US for shipping). It does not include a CD. It is full of theory and include TAB (much against my better judgement). With the release of my upcoming CD, "Big Droppins", I will be offering a bundled price, buy both and save a bit of money.

Unfortunately, I have never investigated good slap books, try checking at they have a great selection