1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your whole rig by one company: Amp, Cab AND Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Just thought of this...

Companies that make your bass, amp and cab:

Peavey
    Sadowsky
    Yamaha

Who else?

What do you like about having your gear all made by one company... I guess uniformity. Anything else?

2. fender,ampeg,gibson, musicman, pretty sure they all make amp stuff as well as basses

3. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    Warwick!

4. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Sadowsky...if you're lucky...

Ibanez

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Carvinator

6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    The old Acoustic Control Corp.
    Danelectro/Silvertone
    Univox

7. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    does anybody have a rig all by the same company? Pics?

8. Be prepared to see an all Sadowsky rig. (not mine, unfortunately)
    Marvelous!

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Even Rickenbacker made amps and cabs back in the day.

eukatheude likes this.
  10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Fender - do they make credible cabs and amps? Certainly not popular... I'm not talking about their practice combos.
    Gibson - never seen a Gibson bass cab
    Ampeg - aside from obscure models in the 70s dont know of current Ampeg basses
    Ibanez - cabs?
    Carvin - definitely
    Musicman - yep, though rare to see a musicman amp isnt it?
    Warwick - ok
    "Acoustic" - makes electric basses?

Sort of talking about the Parent company branding. There are definitely others that re-brand and make other equipment.

11. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Once I rebuild the Peavey Foundation I recently aquired I'll have an all Peavey rig.

12. Carvin amp - BX500, BX1200
    Carvin cab - BR410, BR118, BRX10.4, BRX10.2
    Carvin bass - 2007 LB75AP Anniversary, 2008 Icon IC5

I really didn't have a reason for purchasing an amp, cab and bass from the same company, it just so happened to be that way.;)

13. not_jason

not_jason

Aug 4, 2004
    Maine
    I use a Fender Bassman 250 head with a Fender Bassman 410 cab. For the price, I don't regret it. Not the best amp in the world, but certainly valid equipment.

Like you said, they certainly aren't the most popular brand, but you can definitely buy a pretty big and expensive all-Fender rig if you wanted to...

http://www.fender.com/products/sear...s+Amplifiers&prod_series=Pro+Series+Bass+Amps

14. JoeBelc

JoeBelc

Apr 6, 2008
    Pekin, Illinois
    I have in my setup
    Carvin IC4P
    Carvin SB4000
    Carvin BR510N

the BR510N is more then loud enough to gig with at smaller clubs that I have played at and even at the larger gigs when we have PA support.

15. JoeBelc

JoeBelc

Apr 6, 2008
    Pekin, Illinois
    Oh, me likey that 2x15 they have there!

16. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ

Actually Fender sell quite alot of bass amps and there are a numer of pros that use/endorse them, they just aren't that popular on TB. :D

Gibson produced a whole line of "pro" amps, which included bass models, when they were owned by the Norlin company. The line was called "Lab Series" I played through some of them back in the day and they were decent amps but not spectacular. However, they did produce the L5 model which is considered by many to be the best sounding solid state guitar amp ever made.

Notice that I specified the original Acoustic Control Corp. They worked in conjunction with Stanley Clarke to design the Black Widow bass there was also a guitar version. Acoustic contracted uot the production to a company in Japan I believe. They didn't sell well and there are not a large number in existence so they have some small degree of collector value.

17. Hartke is a possibility too...

18. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Gibson made a bass amp in the 70s.. tried one out at sam ash.. It was called the Gibson Magnum 800.... 8x12 speaker cabs that had self power.. like the old acoustic 360.. and a separate preamp head.

magnum_2.

19. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    Line 6 is another possiblity.