your widest range of music...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 17, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ok,whats your widest range of listening to music considering soft to hard.Heres mine...

Miles Davis to Mudvayne

What are yours?And no they both don't have to start with the same letter(mine both start with an M).
  2. Emperor, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Finn, Elton John etc..
  3. King Crimson and Primus to Bob Dylan and Neil Young to Funkadelic to the Clash to Black Sabbath to Dave Matthews Band to Frank Zappa.
  4. Anywhere from Squarepusher to Robert Johnson
  5. Jazz (any) to Punk (Offspring, DK,MxPx, Blink, Pennywise) to Metal (Almost any) to Classical (Any) to even a little pop (very little).
  6. Can't forget the Funk and Classic Rock, too!
  7. I listen to:

John Lee Hooker to Nirvana
    Simon & Garfunkel to Pearl Jam
    Bob Dylan to Radiohead
    The Beatles to The Velvet Underground
    Micheal Jackson to The Doors

I know some of those arent heavy, but they are certainly different to the other!
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm a freak I love all kinds of music!
    I go from Johnny Cash to Tower of Power to Frank Zappa to Lynyrd Skynyrd to Glen Miller to Savatage, All over the spectrum!!!
  9. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Ditto. If I like a song I dont care what genre it is in.
  10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Enya ---> Partridge Family ---> Jackson 5 --->
    Led Zeppelin ---> The Sex Pistols
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Exactly, though i tend to favor jazz and metal/metalcore or whatever they hell they call the music I like these days.
  12. Stravinsky > Current 93 > The Who > Low > Skinny Puppy > Ornette Coleman > Johnny Cash > Apples In Stereo > Quicksand > Coil > Massive Attack.
  13. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    rolling stones to paula abdul to iron maiden to al dimeola to sade to yes to body count
  14. Medeski Martin & Wood --> Bjork --> Bela Bartok --> Ry Cooder --> Tribe Called Quest --> Johnny Cash --> Femi Kuti --> Bud Powell -->Toadies --> Antonio Carlos Jobim --> Frank Zappa --> Snoop Dogg.
  15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Lawrence Welk to Ornette Coleman
  16. Dashboard Confessional -> Blink 182 -> NOFX -> AFI -> AC/DC -> Metallica -> Nirvana -> Smashing Pumpkins -> Project 86 -> Pearl Jam -> David Gray -> Dave Matthews Band -> Bruce Hornsby

that should cover it, eh?
  17. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I'll listen to anything, really. I tend to mainly listen to a lot of classic rock stuff, but I can appreciate anything from Black Sabbath to Indian classical music.
  18. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    I think my wierdest range goes from Sting to Slipknot.
  19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I have a cd of African tribal ritual and witchcraft music..... Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits..... Perry Como,..... and Iced Earth... Also Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.. and Yanni