1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You're doom fuzz users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Hi all again!

Curious to users of the you're doom / doom pedal in that can it be used for actual doom? I play five string active and want an octave fuzz for a few low B songs we do, have read all the threads and watched all the YouTube videos I can find. I believe it ticks all the boxes but 90% of sound clips / threads seem to be aimed at synth / filter / funk users where as in just planning to hold down the low end on the B and E strings in metal band setting. I like that it's low gain / lots of control with blend but was looking for some more opinions

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    The name is a pop culture reference (or at least it started out that way) but the You're Doom/Doom isn't really geared for playing doom.

It's pretty versatile so it COULD be used for that but it's best IMO for synthy applications.

theunknowndude likes this.
  3. Thanks! Yeah haven't seen it but realise it was spelt like that intentionally... mmm going to get one anyway I think, finding a boss size enclosure octave fuzz with a blend in it that is known to work with an active bass is looking pretty hard to find it seems.. pretty much between that and the diabolik given the oxide is no longer selling and hard to get stuff in Aus.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    There are tons of good fuzzes for doom, but I'm not a fan of the Doom. I just don't like the way it's EQ'd, hence only liking it going through a filter!

If you definitely want an octave-up fuzz, the Diabolik is probably your best option. Or perhaps the Aftershock, I wasn't a huge fan of the pedal in general unlike some around here, but it does have a decent Octafuzz at least!

Come to think of it, I had a Boss BB-1X for a while. I wasn't bowled over by it's low-gain drive abilities, but when cranked it did a great fuzz tone that reminded me of the Diabolik. Should be easy to obtain and will fit the Boss-sized requirement perfectly!

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I find the doom a little too 'honky' and use the four eyes, which i like very much as there are so many sounds in there - once you know how to use it .

TerribleLiar23 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021