Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You're gonna record with WHAT????

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chad Michael, May 29, 2003.

1. Just got one yesterday.

[​IMG]

Should provide hours of entertainment.

Real VU meters!!! :cool: .

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow, nice one, bl! 8 tracks is that?

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'll take tape over disk any day

sweeeet!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Holy crap.

5. Good job. I'm jealous.

6. Analog Rocks!

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey Donne, is your name from the B-Movie horror flick "Donne Dearest"???

8. Oh my...... :eek: sweet!

Apparently there's an 8-track tape recorder hanging about at college, but there's no way they'll ever let me, a grubby student, get my mitts on it.

:bawl:

:bassist:

9. Looks like I have a worn capstan belt (slips) and I need to reseat the cards for channel 7 (no signal, common problem I've heard). Should be a painless & inexpensive repair, then I'll be in business!!! :cool:

Any other reel to reel users out there?

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My guitar player and I each had a TEAC reel to reel four track. We tried to slave them together like they used to do in the '60's. It really didn't work. But they were both nice individually.

11. Now that is badass cool. :)

12. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    AWESOME!...make sure you allign that baby nice. Analog distortion is beutiful...have fun ;).

13. First paycheck I get after I graduate in December goes to an older Tascam or Otari, unless this band I just joined is playing real shows...then I'll have to re-prioritize.

These drum tracks are sounding pretty good, but I'd love to hear them on real tape, not to mention the guitars, vocals, and...well, everything.

14. Oh, and real men don't need meters. :)