Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You're not going to believe this, but...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eldave777, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    About three weeks ago I recieved my new Lakland 55-02, black with rosewood fretboard and bassline pickups. I took it out of the box and tuned it up and I've been playing it a lot. I swear to you I have not had to tune it since the first tuning. I've done gigs, and had band practises and all that and the bass will not go out of tune. Good for me. I'm amazed. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. They tune them at the factory, don't they? If they do it right, you should never have to tune it! ;)

3. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    NET
    That's the great thing about Laklands. Once you buy them, you're in tune forever. - Seriously, unless you know you have perfect pitch, always tune your bass. You'll be surprised.

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nop,i don,t believe that...excuse me :rollno:

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    yup.

That's the mark of a good neck.

I have a few like that, and they're great. I found that I soon even forgot to check the tuning with my ol' P bass.

Congratulations.

6. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    I always check it with my Boss TU-2 and it's dead on every time.

7. sounds like you've got a keeper.

8. My Yamaha RBX-170 stays in tune...I don't think I've touched the tuners in the last 2 months. A solid neck with solid setup is the key.

9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nahhhhh nahhhhh two months? :eek: nahhhh nah,nahhhh :scowl:

10. I'll believe that a bass can stay in tune for 2 months, but I refuse to believe that a guitarist will stay in tune with you for 2 months without making you tune to him/her. :D

The basses I keep here at home never go out of tune, aside from when I've tuned them to something besides standard for various reasons, so I don't really recall the longest I've went without touching the tuners.

11. 2 months, played it again tonight...still in tune

12. I picked up my Steinberger the other day. Haven't played it in about a YEAR! :eek:

Rock solid - in tune. Man, those Steiny's stay in tune even when they're outta tune! :hyper:

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I picked up my Schecter neck through bass for the first time in a few months last week. Only the E string was out of tune and only by a few cents.

14. strummer

strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Sweden
    First time I picked up a bass I checked the tuning against a John Entwistle poster ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.