1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Youtube post

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ninefingerbass, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Hey TB, I posted a video of me playing a very melodic piece I thought some might enjoy. I am playing my Spector NS2000/5 through a Boss Loop station, dual pedal, and going to a Roland 30w bass amp. There are two parts where I use an ebow. I tried to incorporate quite a bit but still make it musical. Anyways part of the song was written for my freinds wedding. It's going to be all solo bass so I thought I'd get a few tips or comments on what you guys think of it. Let me know and feel free to rate and/or comment on youtube. Thanks!!

2. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    that was very enjoyable, i dont have any criticism, keep doin ur thang :bassist:

did you custom install all of thsoe pickup bridges (i forget what theyre called) yourself? why?

3. The pickups are just EMG-HZ and I made a ramp out of plywood and threw it in the middle. It looks like one big pickup but it's just seperated by the "ramp". I installed the "ramp" because it suited my playing style.

4. thycrusader

thycrusader

Apr 21, 2008
    Very Nice!

5. That was very nice.

A few of the runs need to be more spot on - if you watch the video you can see the sections where you need execute a little cleaner and more articulate. Really nothing that running through some more would not take care of.

But without doing anything that was excellent - very nice especially nice that it will be played at someone's Wedding.

The ebow effect is nice.

6. I appreciate the comments. There are parts where I do flub up but for a first time recording I think it went well. The ebow was new for me too. I've tried different techniques with it and realized it's very difficult to be master.

7. Sounds great for the firs time recording - the nice job with the ebow - seems the challenge to some degree is controlling the dynamics with the ebow. I think it is really nice piece of music - none of my comments were meant to be negative - just giving some feedback. I thought it sounded great.

8. That was truly epic. It would really make someone's wedding, I think.

9. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    is there some kind of modulation on the bass??

sounds good, love the ebow.

10. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Look at those PU's lol

It's was good but seriously might as well get a guitar if you're not going to touch the E or B strings.

11. I do use the lower register but it just so happens that I do not have a low B. I tune from E-C. In this particular tune it just required a much more delicate touch.

12. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    I commented on the vid. nice dude.