1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Youtube Vid Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bongolation, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Here's something I've been wondering about lately and I hope someone more knowledgeable can explain it to me:

I've been looking at some pretty atrocious instructional videos on Youtube. Content aside, they are technically awful with about every problem you can think of -- sound, exposure, framing...you name it. It's almost impossible to extract their meaning, they're so raw -- just dodgy and unedited webcam A/V.

YET, they have relatively slick opening titles with music and animated graphics.

How is this possible? The relative level of skills conflict way, WAY too hard. Huh?

Are there now instant menu-driven titles generating programs? Like, pick a graphic, pick a font, pick music, enter your copy...preview...save?

If so, what software is this?

Many thanks for any enlightenment!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yes there are. Programs like iMovie make it easy. You'll also notice that a lot of those intros have very similar graphics, like text entering on the left and right side of the screen slowly meeting in the middle, then quickly exiting the other side. It's because they're just selected from a menu. I believe Windows Movie Maker has similar options.

Bongolation likes this.
  3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Thanks, I'll check this out.

I know you can build titles in programs like Sony Vegas, but that's a fairly complicated process.

I knew the skill set couldn't be that high.

4. I had a Sony Vaio with Movie Maker on it.

I shot a bunch of video and stills for a school project, then recorded a conversation with myself (it's nice to have some good gear for sound!) and edited it all together, complete with fade ins and titles. I got an A.

And I'm practically computer illiterate.