1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Youtube: "your video is blocked worldwide"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PluckyThump, Apr 18, 2010.

1. PluckyThump

PluckyThump

Jan 4, 2008
    The Hammer
    Youtube is really ticking me off. I've been uploading videos of me playing various songs because I want to have a portfolio. Two of them (two of my best!) have been completely blocked as soon as they finished uploading. It's really annoying because when I search for the song there are dozens of other videos with the exact same content and they aren't blocked. It's not fair at all! I spend two hours getting the tone and the mix just right and playing it through without any mistakes and then it's blocked. Downsville. :mad: Youtube says just because other videos have the same content, that isn't a valid reason to file a dispute. I'm calling BS on this.

Anything I can do to get around it? How do other users get their videos up without being blocked?

2. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    i have't been in a situation like this with youtube so far but i would try to rename the videos and see ow it goes!!!

3. Try another video host?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you don't like the way Youtube is treating your videos, don't use Youtube. If you want complete control over your content, host it yourself. You're using a free service and complaining when it's not going your way.

If you want it done right, do it yourself.

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    bingo.

Try meta cafe or filefront or something.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

DailyMotion is your friend.

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

As far as I'm aware of, WMG (Warner Music Group) is the only record label that won't allow you to post recordings from any of their artists, if you are using them as backing tracks for your playing. Universal Music Group used to do the same, but fortunately it seems that they changed their policy. So, if you are covering Warner artists, there's nothing you can do aside from posting your videos to a different host. You can find a list of WMG artists here.

8. i cant watch a lot of videos because they are blocked due to my location, youtube :spit:

9. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Try this.

10. thanks! will try that

11. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Use blip instead.